Top Gear 3 set for USA show

they did a run of 6 episodes on discovery, 6 episodes that covered the entire season.
how did they get it down from an entire season down to 6 episodes?
they took out most of the good stuff.
there was no celebrity in a reasonably priced car there was no car news there was no cool wall and also the greatest atrocity yet ... NO STIG!!!
if they are going to do this again the same as they did last time i for one will not be watching.
I'm sorry boys but for some reason your British humor that i so love may never see network television here in the US.
Also if you want to find some American roads with bends in them come to Minnesota we have so many lakes it can be hard to find a good straight stretch of road in some areas.

It's wonderful how here in America we go around touting how we invented free speech (I have a hard time believing that we did), but yet the second someone says something slightly out of Fox New's ideal manstream we crucify them. Free speech indeed.

the only reason i watch top gear is i like to know about foreign cars, i can really care less about american cars and their "sporty" design

If any one from Top Gear is reading this and you are coming to America.

Please consider Fort Worth, Texas.

TMS raceway just north of town.
Eagles Canyon raceway just north of town. ( Designed to F1 specs )
Motorsports Ranch raceway just south of town.
Mineral Wells Autocross just west of town. ( a square of asphalt that is 1/3 mile on each side. we setup autocross tracks there that are over 2 miles long )
The best reason, I live here and can come to the show.

Please don't tone down the show as that would ruin it.

No changes .... NO!!!!! NO !!!!! NO!!!!!!! Richard Hammond said it in the review of VW Golf. "U dont change the formula of a car that worked great for so many years, u just twist it a little to make it better". No John Lenos, no stopping on bashing Americans, no censorship - just pure entertainment and awesomeness as the TG is right NOW!!!And if any of the crew form TG is reading this, dont take any comments from anybody seriously - just continue doing the good work (9 million viewers speaks for itself, no need for stupid opinions from forum users!!!) One more time - NO CHANGES. I love u JAMES, RICHARD and JEREMY!!! plz no changes!!!!

^ try counting to ten, please. But, you are right. TGUSA should be a carbon copy of TGUK. And if anyone outside of Top Gear decides to tone it down, make it PC, etc. there is crucification.

I can't really imagine American TopGear being the same as the UK version. First of all, most of the "good" American cars are sold in Europe so they've already "tested" them. Secondly, any imported car we get that they don't, isn't worth making a show over.

They are plenty of interesting cars they passed over. The Mazdaspeed 3 is just one off the top of my head.

If Jeremy is Jeremy hopefully it'll get GM and some of these other companies to step up their game. lately all ive seen on TG are good eviews of good cars w/ a bit of nitpicking and some random challenge. It'll be nice to see a test of the Lincoln Zephyr and the Buick LeSabre. Imagine laughs coming from the reviews rather than Alfaab limos like it used to be.

Richard Hammond said it in the review of VW Golf. "U dont change the formula of a car that worked great for so many years, u just twist it a little to make it better".

Word.

Also, I get the feeling from protective fans that if they're censored in the American market, they'll pay for it in the UK market.

Does anyone else think this might be a bad idea? Although it's alot better than that horrible idea of having US Top Gear with "US friendly" hosts.

I kind of like the idea of a "US top gear with American hosts". The problem with doing it, is you gotta find a group of guys that work great together on tv. And you can't exactly put an ad on craigslist

"Wanted: someone that will have great chemistry with 2 other random guys who answer this ad that really like cars."

They don't have to be, as someone else sort of said, followers of the Fox news ideals, but different enough from the TGUK, and be willing to hate/love anything.

This basically leaves out anyone from Texas, you guys are so proud it's scary :D

This basically leaves out anyone from Texas, you guys are so proud it's scary :D

Right, yea, thank yeeewww very much! :lol:

So tell me just WHERE in the U.S. you will find more passionate people than Texans? And if you don't think we're passionate about cars and driving, weeellllllll, it's obvious that you've never driven on Loop 635 in Dallas!:D

But all kidding aside, the question of getting Americans to host TG is a moot point. It's been tried, and IIRC that pilot didn't even make the light of day. Our three boys are Top Gear. Perhaps rather than do a complete series just for the U.S., they could come over here and tape two or three specials...

If any one from Top Gear is reading this and you are coming to America.

Please consider Fort Worth, Texas.

TMS raceway just north of town.
Mineral Wells Autocross just west of town. ( a square of asphalt that is 1/3 mile on each side. we setup autocross tracks there that are over 2 miles long )
The best reason, I live here and can come to the show.

Please don't tone down the show as that would ruin it.

Dont forget, our weather is nicer for longer of the year. Sure, there are a few places with less rainfall that aren't in a desert, but they all cost more to film at :)

If this has been mentioned before, sorry for the repost, but do you think the conference call he is talking about in his latest opinion piece was to discuss American Top Gear?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/jeremy_clarkson/article1654448.ece

Thanks for telling me where some autocross tracks are. Do those raceways allow the public to drive the circuits?

You guys mentioning places in Texas to film, do these tracks happen to have good places to just go for a drive? You can't review every car on a race track. I'd vote for parts of California or Tennessee (or surrounding states), as those areas have landscapes that are blessed with various terrain, not just lots of straight highway between tracks.

Right, yea, thank yeeewww very much! :lol:

So tell me just WHERE in the U.S. you will find more passionate people than Texans? And if you don't think we're passionate about cars and driving, weeellllllll, it's obvious that you've never driven on Loop 635 in Dallas!:D

But all kidding aside, the question of getting Americans to host TG is a moot point. It's been tried, and IIRC that pilot didn't even make the light of day. Our three boys are Top Gear. Perhaps rather than do a complete series just for the U.S., they could come over here and tape two or three specials...

It's hard to find more passionate people than Texan's, at least when it comes to pride in ones home. I always joke "Texan's are the only ones who feel Texas is great." It's all in good fun, without Texas we wouldn't be short on many great cars, Ford would have never won at Le Mans in the 60's (don't listen to the brits, the GT40 didn't win will Shelby's team got ahold of it), and there would be a plethora of old european cars that still have their original engines :lol:

The other attempt at American TG basically proved my point, you can't just throw 3 guys in a room and hope for a good thing. One would probably have to find a Director/Producer who works well with a comedian who loves car (I nominate Chris Titus), and then let them basically find a couple of people to help him/her host the show. Isn't that basically what TG did? I know JC and either the director or producer were good friends, they both went to the same school and came up with calling stig "The Stig".

Worked for James May, didn't it? :drums:

That is a legitimate point though. So it's actually a case of finding at least 2 people that work well together, then let them hire the next guy(s).

Thanks for telling me where some autocross tracks are. Do those raceways allow the public to drive the circuits?

For Eagles canyon and Motor Sports Ranch, check with www.thedriversedge.net. Also the BMW club and the Porche club run events twice a year at these tracks.

Autocross Check with www.lscbmwcca.org. They run most of their events at Mineral Wells and are a good group of guys. They even let American trash cars run with them.

By the way if they do come, can I talk them into bringing me some London's Pride. I have not had any since I was last in London.

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully it features the best of the BBC show yet doesn't recycle with the poor in-studio do-overs like the short-lived Discovery version. Looking forward to seeing the gang review our crappy cars. I wonder if we'll ever see the unaired "Top Gear America" they did a year or two ago.

Speaking of which, I'm betting the "major network" in question is NBC, as they have their hooks in Discovery.