Top Gear 3 set for USA show

I don't really want to see them review American cars, especially now. I can predict the first episode: "Dodge Avenger - It's rubbish," "Lincoln Navigator - It's rubbish," "Saleen S7 - Fantastic car, but we're British and it's not, so it's rubbish!"

Seriously - how can the people who brought us the Rover 75 say our cars are bad?

Hey, don't dis the 75 - developed with BMW, best car Rover ever sold, now if you want to dis some of their products, Austin Allegro - horrendous, Morris Marina - Yew, Rover 800 - always broken down, 200 & 400 not replaced for years and years and they were Hondas really anyway.

I think that you and getting a different program to the one I see, they really disliked TVRs until the recent ones, Clarkson went for the Morgan in a big way when Hamster bought one.

It is not a case of everything British (nothing left in any volume actually really) is good and everything foreign is bad. They were not that complimentary about the Ascari also for instance.

ya know, i'm a Texan and i own a truck. it has all terrain tires and has jumped many railroad tracks. i also own a car. america is about diversity, saying that something wouldn't do well here because a few retards that watch the discovery channel got a little pissy. ITS THE FREAKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL! you think people that nut themselves over the sound of a ferrari at full trot?!

i want to touch myself when i see a carrera GT wailing on a track and probably will get beaten to death when im caught dryhumping another hypercar.

saying that "americans can't take it, they'll sue" is the same thing as saying "at least almost all americans are too stupid, too insecure, and too politically correct to handle anythign remotely offensive said about them".

WE LIVE IN AMERICA. we've pissed off just about every country on earth at this point. we have whole sects of religions actively trying to kill us. do you guys honestly think that we give two craps about somebody ripping on us because they dont understand the way we operate (and the stuff that admittedly needs to be ripped on)?

you guys act like we're gonna brand JC and hamond as commies the second they throw a jab at one of the big three. i think you folks grossly underestimate how much disdain a lot of us have for a lot of crap that goes on in our own country.

whatever, im done ranting. i just hope they don't puss out and actually deliver a car show worth watching in this country for once.

^umm... count to ten, please?

I afraid overly sensitive people will complain to the appease-everyone netorks and get Top Gear pulled. Look at Don Imus. he made one joke about african-american women (calling them "nappy-headed hos") on his show that went too far, and got his show pulled. Imagine the public and political backlash motormouth Clarkson will spur. I wouldn't be surprised if they were crucified by the end of the first episode.

^umm... count to ten, please?

I afraid overly sensitive people will complain to the appease-everyone netorks and get Top Gear pulled. Look at Don Imus. he made one joke about african-american women (calling them "nappy-headed hos") on his show that went too far, and got his show pulled. Imagine the public and political backlash motormouth Clarkson will spur. I wouldn't be surprised if they were crucified by the end of the first episode.

don imus's show got pulled because of vultures like al sharpton and the ACLU constantly pissing and moaning about things like the black man being down or whatever. BTW there is no such thing as an african american unless you have citizenships in the US and africa. that was purely based on white-guilt that too many americans still have over crap their dead ancestors put other dead ancestors through.

JC making fun of how flimsy a chassis is or how crappy the interior is can hardly be compared to something so touchey (Even with those brain dead waterhead tree hugging psuedo-civil-rights activists).

you shouldn't confuse my tone with being angry. i've always had a strong writing "voice". you have to know your audience. you guys are doing 2 things:

1. not giving the american people enough credit by implying that most of us are so incapable of rational thought that we reach for our lawyers the second somebody pisses us off.

2. not giving the top gear team enough credit by implying that they are too stupid to know how to handle the project.

figure it out.

don imus's show got pulled because of vultures like al sharpton and the ACLU constantly pissing and moaning about things like the black man being down or whatever. BTW there is no such thing as an african american unless you have citizenships in the US and africa. that was purely based on white-guilt that too many americans still have over crap their dead ancestors put other dead ancestors through.

JC making fun of how flimsy a chassis is or how crappy the interior is can hardly be compared to something so touchey (Even with those brain dead waterhead tree hugging psuedo-civil-rights activists).

you shouldn't confuse my tone with being angry. i've always had a strong writing "voice". you have to know your audience. you guys are doing 2 things:

1. not giving the american people enough credit by implying that most of us are so incapable of rational thought that we reach for our lawyers the second somebody pisses us off.

2. not giving the top gear team enough credit by implying that they are too stupid to know how to handle the project.

figure it out.

Preach it brother.

Actually, Imus got shit canned because his sponsors started dropping like flies.

And THAT'S gonna be what will make Top Gear USA suck. Because unless the "major US network" is PBS, it's going to have sponsors. And Chrysler won't put any money into a show that calls the Crossfire's rear end "something that looks like a dog taking a crap."

This is America, it's all about the money.

Have you seen "Team America: World Police" recently?

Yep, and it usually is a sarcastic repose to someone like me going on about how good/great something of ours is, when others feel it ain't. His comment didn't seem to apply to that one bit, and therefor made no sense to me.

I "Saleen S7 - Fantastic car, but we're British and it's not, so it's rubbish!"

You got that one wrong. He would have done the same he would have with the Ford GT "It's got a British chassis, [insert random part pulled from the Ford parts bin that is made in Britain], and it was test driven on a British track, so it's really British!"

Never mind the car was built and designed by American and British engineers working at Saleen's firms in the US and UK.

You got that one wrong. He would have done the same he would have with the Ford GT "It's got a British chassis, [insert random part pulled from the Ford parts bin that is made in Britain], and it was test driven on a British track, so it's really British!"

Never mind the car was built and designed by American and British engineers working at Saleen's firms in the US and UK.

HAHAHA, that sounds like typical JC. :lol:

After not much thought, here's a way to hopefully get TopGear in America to work:

1. Have a company (preferrably autmotive related) sponsor an hour time-slot so we don't have to have annoying, stupid, and generally useless commercials.

2. At first, have guests that will generate a major tv audience, like for instance Dale Earnhardt Jr. (yes, I realize the non-Nascar fans are going to bash me for that one, but if they bring in a big name from American motorsports, it'll help)

3. Put it on ESPN.

4. If it does go on ESPN, have lots of advertising, especially on ABC, it's parent company.

Now, this plan might have a lot of things wrong, it's 3am here, and it wasn't meant to be a concrete plan anyways, just more like guidelines that might help it work.

one comment?! gee, let's ignore the countless bigoted and racist remarks he's made over the course of nearly 40 years on the radio. don imus has been insulting blacks, asians, jews, women, homosexuals, hispanics, etc. long before he said "nappy headed hoes". actually, that particular comment ain't got shit on some of the vile crap imus has said before.

honestly, i'm somewhat bothered and curious as to why "nappy headed hoes" finally got that shithead pulled from the airways, but no one gave a damn about anything he and his producers have said previously. it's also bullshit that the imus in the morning producers can keep their jobs eventhough they made crude comments themselves and instigated the atmosphere of hate.

Last edited:
1. Have it be sponsored by anybody BUT automotive-related companies. The Gap, Napster, Better Homes and Gardens, Lifetime, Tampax, Fancy Feast, and that colossus of American culture, Haagen-Dazs (hate to break it to you, but they're Amerruceen. Kinda like learning that Santa Claus doesn't exist, huh?).

2. Dale Earnhardt Junneear may pull in big audiences because apparently some housewives think he's t3h secks, but don't forget, when it comes to shilling for massive corporations the guy's a gonorrhea-infested hooker with a penis. Yamaha, Wrangler, Chevy, Bud Light, and hell, probably Haagen-Dazs as well. So he'll probably use the show to sell/promote his latest line of #3 shot glasses/novelty lamps.

3. Nobody cares about Don Imus. stfu, CNN.

4. SIARPC could be interesting...there's plenty of stars in America I'd want to see hooning it up in the desert (or whatever nuclear testing site they build the test track on). First pick: Christopher Walken, no doubt about it. Then follow him up with David Hasselhoff, watch the ratings skyrocket like the Reliant shuttle!

5. The first season's probably going to be a rehash of everything that's been done before, but with a bigger budget. Not that we're not creative enough, but the show's creators won't know where to go without pissing off the legions original loyalists at first. Much like the derivative and widely panned first season of The Office.

So expect to see "WATCH US RACE A PLANE IN AN ASTON FROM CALIFORNIA TO LAS VEGAS!" Or "WHICH RELIGION IS THE FASTEST: CATHOLICISM, BUDDHISM, SCIENTOLOGY, OR FRED PHELPS!" "TONIGHT: WATCH US JUMP STUFF INTO STUFF! POWERRR!"

Except, of course, with a bigger budget. Chances are, it'll be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and there's gonna be lots of XTREME shaky-cam 3D slo-mo gun battle explosions. Not that it's a bad thing: it worked for CSI, didn't it?

6. Lastly, put it on CNN. They don't really do actual news anymore, anyway. Plus they'll rake in the sponsorship dollahz from Tampizzax!

It'll most likely suck, but face it: you and I will still fucking download it every week while complaining about how much it sucks. Just because we're such hardcore fans. 8)

Actually, Imus got shit canned because his sponsors started dropping like flies.

And THAT'S gonna be what will make Top Gear USA suck. Because unless the "major US network" is PBS, it's going to have sponsors. And Chrysler won't put any money into a show that calls the Crossfire's rear end "something that looks like a dog taking a crap."

This is America, it's all about the money.

I've noticed that on our horrible shows, the sponsors are on the periphery of the car industry (tire rack, etc.) and not the car manufacturers themselves.

honestly, i'm somewhat bothered and curious as to why "nappy headed hoes" finally got that shithead pulled from the airways, but no one gave a damn about anything he and his producers have said previously. it's also bullshit that the imus in the morning producers can keep their jobs eventhough they made crude comments themselves and instigated the atmosphere of hate.

I think Imus is a putz and I'm happy to see him suffer. However, I think his fatal mistake was crawling to "Reverand" Al Sharkton to apologize. As soon as you show fear and start digging a deeper hole in the presence of a shakedown artist like Sharkton, then the network suits and jittery Madison Avenue types start sweating. It all unravelled from there.

Let's also not forget who Imus really was. He had virtually no ratings (something like a 1.2 share in NY) and didn't really pull in that much revenue for either MSNBC or WFAN. Let's also not forget his past, and how his lameness brought down the flagship station WNBC and indeed the entire storied NBC radio network, which no longer exists. I was amazed he kept his job since the death of WNBC. So I'm sure that a new generation of clueless Harvard MBAs was starting to question Imus's value and were looking to oust him to revolt against the old guard of clueless Harvard MBAs, and this proved to be a convenient excuse.

does ANYONE realize that the whole don imus thing wasn't racist until con artists like al sharpton jumped in and told them it was? its like the episode of southpark where butters' dad tells him he's bicurious. he's like 10, what does he know? so he believes and thinks he should fix his "confusion" all the while the people talking about him being confused are the only ones causing the confusion.

so this guy bends over and kisses al sharpton square on his left and right cheek to save his career. i guess a man has to do what a man has to do but here's the kicker. al sharpton, he's the guy on the powertrip. folks like him and jesse jackson are the ones exploiting whats left of racial tension (and perpetuating it so that they keep their jobs).

F that, dude. F those con artists with their hidden agendas and complete hypocrisy.

does the UK have to deal with retards like this pulling the race card every five seconds?

Howabout Spike TV? They have what, 2-3 hours dedicated to Cars....Okay, dragsters, Musclecars, Redneck mobiles, and PPPPOOOOOWWWWEEERRR!!!!.

http://www.spiketv.com/index.html
http://www.powerblocktv.com/

2-3 hours of jegs ads and sponsored builds... woooohooooo

heh

Just look at the stellar personalities they hire. If you want to know what will happen just look at what happened with Scrapheap Challenge. Junkyard Mega-Wars was quite the american steaming pile. Look for more of the same.