Top Gear 3 set for USA show

I foresee a outraged of Bill O?Reilly Hell bent on ending TopGear. Yes the man is a mean nutcase but, he has rabid fans?

I foresee a outraged of Bill O?Reilly Hell bent on ending TopGear. Yes the man is a mean nutcase but, he has rabid fans?

I hate O'RLY just as much as the next guy, but let's not go as far as to make up arguements he hasn't even begun to blurt out.

Zenkidori political satire is one thing but insulting the cars of a nation that identifies so strongly with the car industry as an intrinsic part of its' culture is going to be problematic at best. Of course they could do what video games shows do and just ignore the crappiest stuff so they can be all gee whiz isn't this great about almost everything. And of course they will have to build an oval track to test the cars on, not an airfield like the UK show... but even then it won't work. I mean look at all the other Brit shows that make it over there AS REMAKES!!! Yanks can't understand the english accent, most can't understand any word with more than two syllables in it without help from a Mexican slave. I just can't see how this will work at all...

cmotd said:
Zenkidori political satire is one thing but insulting the cars of a nation that identifies so strongly with the car industry as an intrinsic part of its' culture is going to be problematic at best. Of course they could do what video games shows do and just ignore the crappiest stuff so they can be all gee whiz isn't this great about almost everything. And of course they will have to build an oval track to test the cars on, not an airfield like the UK show... but even then it won't work. I mean look at all the other Brit shows that make it over there AS REMAKES!!! Yanks can't understand the english accent, most can't understand any word with more than two syllables in it without help from a Mexican slave. I just can't see how this will work at all...
cmotd=Guardian reader.

We should have it in HD. So we will have once again one-upped the limeys.

what does that mean? :mad:

My magic 8-ball says you're an idiot.

Seriously, Mexican slaves?

Anyhow, I haven't read the whole thread ('cos the first two pages were a lot of unexpected and unrepentant whining), but nothing TG says really counts as libel or slander not to mentiona a lawsuit of that sort would destroy a brand.

2-3 hours of jegs ads and sponsored builds... woooohooooo

heh

Just look at the stellar personalities they hire. If you want to know what will happen just look at what happened with Scrapheap Challenge. Junkyard Mega-Wars was quite the american steaming pile. Look for more of the same.

Hey, I liked Junkyard Wars. Just wished they had more Cathy whatshername...

Man what an ignorant bunch of morons. Is it my fault you have your heads up your arses? So cars AREN'T an intrinsic part of American culture? On what planet is that? And Americans DON'T race on oval tracks? Wow you guys are really on the ball aren't you? And the US TV industry has NEVER remade an english tv program? LOL Your heads must be so far up your arseholes it must be difficult breathing. And do you really think I seriously believe Americans have Mexican slaves? I guess sarcasm is a bit much for some people to cope with. Especially when their brain is already red-lining just trying to read words with more than one syllable in them lol ........ Are you people still too young to change your own pants, or just retarded?

And I've never seen a Michael Moore movie btw, I just love it when morons jump to conclusions, it usually makes them look like even bigger morons hehe...

Man what an ignorant bunch of morons. Is it my fault you have your heads up your arses? So cars AREN'T an intrinsic part of American culture? On what planet is that? And Americans DON'T race on oval tracks? Wow you guys are really on the ball aren't you? And the US TV industry has NEVER remade an english tv program? LOL Your heads must be so far up your arseholes it must be difficult breathing. And do you really think I seriously believe Americans have Mexican slaves? I guess sarcasm is a bit much for some people to cope with. Especially when their brain is already red-lining just trying to read words with more than one syllable in them lol ........ Are you people still too young to change your own pants, or just retarded?

And I've never seen a Michael Moore movie btw, I just love it when morons jump to conclusions, it usually makes them look like even bigger morons hehe...

Dude... just stop before you get banned. I didn't read any of the above posts, and you very well could not be the one in the wrong here. But when you talk like that round here Viper gets his whoopin' stick out.

When I hear what Clarkson, May, and Hammond have to say about the U.S., I laugh quite a bit. They are funny and the jokes are funny. Every country has something totally ridiculous and laughable about it.

If you are offended by Clarkson's comments about the U.S., he's probably making fun of YOU anyway. I don't take offense when I hear him bash my country... it's funny.

I don't fit in to the fat, lazy, country-loving American that he describes, so I laugh and enjoy the entertainment. Some people take humor and entertainment waaaaayyy too seriously.

:lol:

-Andrew - 1 ex-fat (lost 29% of my weight) non-lazy American

F that, dude. F those con artists with their hidden agendas and complete hypocrisy.

does the UK have to deal with retards like this pulling the race card every five seconds?

These will be the only types of people they would have to tap dance around. Avoid joking about Black America (or keep it to a severe minimum at best) and they will do fine.

And of course they will have to build an oval track to test the cars on, not an airfield like the UK show... but even then it won't work.

Why? Nascar (and it's use of HUGE oval tracks) is popular for 2 reasons. 1, it's an excuse to go party, and 2 unlike being a spectator @ an f1 or rally race, you get to see the entire course at all times. This is why the rule makers fight to keep the cars as close as possible.

I know your just trying to get a rise out of us, but I would like to see your reasoning behind this.

Last edited:

1. Ovals aren't limited to North America.
2. Cars = art in America. Which is to say, mildly appreciated.
3. Does that mean it's ok for me to go "LOL NIGGERS"? 'Cos if so, LOL N- wait I know you're not supposed to do that. But that's essentially what you did, regardless of intent. Also, I think you'll find that I never said you said that literally, just that it was exceptionally idiotic.

Side note: 10 3+ syllable words, boy.

:lol: I wait with baited breath for more of your in-depth analyses and insightful revelations about America, American culture and Americans. Reading your posts, it's clear that you're someone who really knows what's going on and doesn't just buy what the media tries to foist on him.