Top Gear 3 set for USA show

1. Ovals aren't limited to North America.
2. Cars = art in America. Which is to say, mildly appreciated.
3. Does that mean it's ok for me to go "LOL NIGGERS"? 'Cos if so, LOL N- wait I know you're not supposed to do that. But that's essentially what you did, regardless of intent. Also, I think you'll find that I never said you said that literally, just that it was exceptionally idiotic.

Side note: 10 3+ syllable words, boy.

i find it perfectly acceptable to go "LOL niggers". our country is so hell bent on making minorities feel special that they forgot THATS WHAT RACISM IS. people should be treated equally, even when it comes to ripping on them. this beaner was making fun of my accent the other day (TX born and raised) and gets pissed when i tell him to go shove a burrito in his beaner mouth cause im tired of hearing it (paraphrased).

people suck everywhere. doesn't matter what flag your under or what skin you're in.

we've pissed off just about every country on earth at this point. we have whole sects of religions actively trying to kill us.

This youthful nation has grown so fast... I promised myself I wouldn't cry :cry: :lol:

i find it perfectly acceptable to go "LOL niggers". our country is so hell bent on making minorities feel special that they forgot THATS WHAT RACISM IS. people should be treated equally, even when it comes to ripping on them. this beaner was making fun of my accent the other day (TX born and raised) and gets pissed when i tell him to go shove a burrito in his beaner mouth cause im tired of hearing it (paraphrased).

people suck everywhere. doesn't matter what flag your under or what skin you're in.

I agree that everyone should be treated equal. I remember as a kid a lot of people used to joke "I'm not racists, I hate everyone equally." While we all used to make jokes based on race for pure entertainment, no one was ever allowed to touch the "African American's"... oh wait, one got pissed off at me for calling her that, she is "black" so we got both.

Sadly asswhipes like Sharpton and Jackson have figured out a way around free speech... Which in my book makes them commies :lol:

Last edited:
This youthful nation has grown so fast... I promised myself I wouldn't cry :cry: :lol:

I agree that everyone should be treated equal. I remember as a kid a lot of people used to joke "I'm not racists, I hate everyone equally." While we all used to make jokes based on race for pure entertainment, no one was ever allowed to touch the "African American's"... oh wait, one got pissed off at me for calling her that, she is "black" so we got both.

Sadly asswhipes like Sharpton and Jackson have figured out a way around free speech... Which in my book makes them commies :lol:

i dont care who you are if you dont have citizenships in africa AND the USA you aren't african american /story. our society is so stupid.

cmotd - glad that 12 pages of varying opinions from both Americans and Europeans hasn't gotten to your simple little mind. Americans = bad, stupid, poopieheads! You're fucking retarded. (Sorry Viper...I just had to.)

Don't forget we also brought you the E-Type, AC Cobra, GT-40, Mini, and of course the Mclaren F1 :p

If you think that you brought us the Cobra and GT-40, you're delusional. And what you people see in the Mini I'll never understand.

If you think that you brought us the Cobra and GT-40, you're delusional. And what you people see in the Mini I'll never understand.

I agree the Cobra is just as American as it is British, but I still maintain the GT-40 is British. Hell it was built by a British company, designed by Brits in Britain.

And the GT-40 never won Le Mans until Shelby's shop took it over and made it run. When it was under British design, it had a small motor (289 if I recall) and it blew up transmissions.

When Shelby's shop took over the project the only thing left british was the body work. And due to the transmission problems, they developed the first dyno that could simulate a track.

The British gave the AC Ace, Shelby gave the world back the AC/Shelby Cobra. True American cars are originally British, just fixed so they are fast, reliable, and actually have value in 3 years. :tease:

Drive one in a state that has turns :D You'll understand then... I've never driven one, but I would take one in a heartbeat.

i dont care who you are if you dont have citizenships in africa AND the USA you aren't african american /story. our society is so stupid.

I heard about a scholarship that was given out to "African-American's" and a white kid from south africa won it, and everyone was pissed off. His argument was true in that he is "more African than the other entries"... so that year they gave out 2 awards.

Last edited:
And the GT-40 never won Le Mans until Shelby's shop took it over and made it run. When it was under British design, it had a small motor (289 if I recall) and it blew up transmissions.

When Shelby's shop took over the project the only thing left british was the body work. And due to the transmission problems, they developed the first dyno that could simulate a track.

The British gave the AC Ace, Shelby gave the world back the AC/Shelby Cobra. True American cars are originally British, just fixed so they are fast, reliable, and actually have value in 3 years. :tease:

Unlike the earlier Mk.I,II and III cars, which were entirely British, the Ford J and Mk.IV were built in America by Shelby.

Yes I know it's Wiki so not the most reliable but the fact is an all British Car won Le Mans in 1966 with a 1-2-3 finish.

Let's not argue anyway. I think it is fair to say these things work best if Britain builds the bodies and chassis and then lets the Americans bolt a big engine in.

Let's not argue anyway. I think it is fair to say these things work best if Britain builds the bodies and chassis and then lets the Americans bolt a big engine in.

You're right, most cars with a European or Australian chassis and an American engine have been great cars that were cheaper and more fun to drive than a sophisticated luxury sedan.

Yes I know it's Wiki so not the most reliable but the fact is an all British Car won Le Mans in 1966 with a 1-2-3 finish.

I'm not completely sure on all that. I do recall hearing that the first GT-40 victory at Le Mans was pretty much ignored by the US because it was considered a Ford of Europe victory. But I'm pretty sure it didn't get the 427 till Shelby took the project over...and won.

he GT40 Mark II and First Victories

By the time of the race in June, the stability problems mostly solved, the cars were competitive against the Ferraris but retired of numerous failures that only further development would work out. For this, Ford brought Carroll Shelby on board to oversee the racing program. He began work on installing the more reliable 7-liter stock-car engine in what would be known later as the Mark II. It proved to be considerably faster than the Mark I, and although 1965 was another unsuccessful year at Le Mans, GT40 had become, in just two seasons, a strong contender.

Proving that the victory over Ferrari and the others was no fluke, Ford entered and won Le Mans in 1967, this time in all-new car! The GT40 Mark IV was an all-Dearborn creation, born to some degree in response to criticism that the earlier cars were simply English machines funded by big American pockets. So different were the Mark IVs, for example, that they were constructed of aluminum honeycomb bonded with the latest aerospace techniques, instead of steel.

Source

So basically, like other great American cars, it kicked ass by taking a British/European design and fixing it with some American Muscle. Hammond said it best in the review of the Marcos "American Muscle where it should be, in the safe keeping of British Hands."

Last edited:
2-3 hours of jegs ads and sponsored builds... woooohooooo

heh

Just look at the stellar personalities they hire. If you want to know what will happen just look at what happened with Scrapheap Challenge. Junkyard Mega-Wars was quite the american steaming pile. Look for more of the same.

the guys on the power block know more about engines and cars than the whole top gear staff put together times a million. while they may not be as entertaining as JC or hamster i watch it for the tech, not the laughs. i say TG is a car show from the driver's perspective and the powerblock on spike TV is from the average car guy's perspective (ya know, guys who actually know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to the machine).

Oh god, I hope I haven't triggered another trans-Atlantic flame war! :p

With regards to the AC Cobra, AC is a British marque which was established in South London. And early GT-40's (at least Mk1) were almost entirely British, only the engine was American. The Mk4 is something that can't be claimed as British though. With regards to Shelby, unless I am greatly misinformed, he came aboard both projects at a much later date, not when the cars were first conceived in their early years.

If the Cobra and GT-40 can't be deemed to be British, equally they can't be deemed American either. They were Anglo-American hybrids.

They were Anglo-American hybrids.

Thats what people on either side of the atlantic dont want to think... but thats what we need to start remembering

Mustang P51 another anglo American world beater. Shelby, I understand, sorted out the early GT-40s aerodynamics through a friend of his and an advanced American University wind tunnel (exact details lost in the recesses of Cobol74's memory). He later got a very big engine into the AC Cobra body shell and a legendary car was born. I have a really high regard for the qualities of Carroll Shelby btw - a real gentleman too.

So why do you lot trash the shelby mustang so much?

Nobody really expects it to go around corners like a lotus, its designed for straight-line speed first, and affordability second... We cant all afford an Enzo Or Diablo :D

The Mk4 is something that can't be claimed as British though. With regards to Shelby, unless I am greatly misinformed, he came aboard both projects at a much later date, not when the cars were first conceived in their early years.

The MKII they brought in Shelby, though how much he and his shop were involved I don't know. But it was Shelby who wanted the 427 put in the car and a transmission to back it up.

The MKIII was the road car for homologation purposes.

And as you said MKIV was almost entirely American (still had most of the old body work).

If the Cobra and GT-40 can't be deemed to be British, equally they can't be deemed American either. They were Anglo-American hybrids.
8)