Top Gear America better then the British Top Gear?

TrevorSmith

did anyone hear the adam carolla podcast today where he was talking about everyone who saw the top gear america pilot said it was better than the stuff coming from England? i find it hard to believe that it would be better but i guess we will never know

Bound to be for US people, as it will be more in tune with their thinking. Someone should get the Pilot on the Interwebs so we can judge!

After listening to the podcast (well, the part with Adam and Tanner, anyway) I'm all the more curious as to how it went. Come on, internets!

Adam is likely full of shit and/or ego.

Damn, knowing that Clarkson supports Top Gear Australia and that it is not very good, that must mean Top Gear America is awfully terrible :-D

Clarkson didn't think it could succeed in the first place, just like Leno. However, it wasn't the quality of filming they were concerned with, it was the possibilities of harsh reviews of the very products that pay the bills. They seem to be right. But unless you saw taping, you're are full of crap if judgment is being passed on something you have no clue about. Go ahead and critique what you've never seen. :rolleyes: Gotta love pompous, ignorant, self-proclaimed know-it-all's.

Last edited:
:lol::lol: Oh, look, a know-it-all trashing know-it-alls.

....because me commenting on facts that have already been confirmed instead of claiming speculation and opinion as facts somehow puts me in the same boat. Right, I'll hold my judgment of a show that no one has seen. ;)

So the know-it-all is trashing the know-it-all that is trashing the know-it-all's. Fun times.

Last edited:
Damn, knowing that Clarkson supports Top Gear Australia and that it is not very good,...

A matter of opinion and not fact.

that must mean Top Gear America is awfully terrible :-D

You don't know that. Neither do I. Neither does anyone here who wasn't there for the filming of the pilot; and, unless a final cut leaks to the internet, we'll never know.

1. Than, not then.

2. You can't say it's better if you made it yourself.

3. You can't say it's better after 1 pilot compared to 13 seasons.

4. Surely they are aiming for different things.

if you've ever seen The Man Show... or had the misfortune to listen to his podcasts or radio show... this is like, the understatement of the decade.

Seriously, I do not understand what people in see in Adam to make them think he's some kind of great comedian, actor, or whatever. Given of what I know of the guy and have seen in the past, I'm more likely to believe that TG-America was too awful to watch if he says it was good.

However, I think Top Gear America was canned for very different reasons : http://zerias.blogspot.com/2008/04/why-american-top-gear-will-fail.html

Short version: Top Gear UK and Top Gear Australia go directly against anything the large TV networks in the US stand for or will put on the air.

I was there for the pilot, it was AS good as a lot of UK TG episodes. Not as good as UK TG when they're really on their game, but we all know that's not always the case. I'd love to see even a rough cut edit of the pilot, what I saw at the studio was very entertaining.