Top Gear America better then the British Top Gear?

Wish they would intentionally leak the pilot. Just go and look at the support and downloads it would get that may help convince them to pick it up

if you've ever seen The Man Show... or had the misfortune to listen to his podcasts or radio show... .

Oh, Christ! It's that guy?:blink:

I want this show to happen...just so I can audition to be his replacement.

I was there for the pilot, it was AS good as a lot of UK TG episodes. Not as good as UK TG when they're really on their game, but we all know that's not always the case. I'd love to see even a rough cut edit of the pilot, what I saw at the studio was very entertaining.

don't hat me for asking this because yes I did do a search first if it is out there. Where and when was the taping of the pilot? Again don't tase me bro!:lol::lol::lol:

don't hat me for asking this because yes I did do a search first if it is out there. Where and when was the taping of the pilot? Again don't tase me bro!:lol::lol::lol:

July 26, 2008, in LA - can't remember where the test track is exactly.

July 26, 2008, in LA - can't remember where the test track is exactly.

I was there. Flew out to Vegas that very day....got in a rental car and drove to downey studios in LA. Got tickets from here:

http://www.ocatv.com/shows/show/216

This was the building everything was shot in:

http://www.downeystudios.com/downey/production_space/building1.asp

It was a LONG day of standing up. My wife and I were fortunate enough to get picked for some "up front" spots and were on camera a lot during the entire show.

What I saw for the pilot was MUCH better than TG Australia but not as good as TG UK. As someone else mentioned, it was as good for a typical TG UK episode but not like the BEST TG UK episodes. It had a lot of potential and I didn't mind the choices for hosts....Carolla was actually cool in person. The HOF was a bit odd, and extremely skinny for a guy of his height.

I'd pay good money to see the pilot because being there was a unique experience that both my wife and I enjoyed. Everything was great and we even didn't mind standing up for literally 6 hours (at least). The only part that I was annoyed by was when it seemed as if they brought prostitutes off the street and placed them in strategic spots in camera view. I'd bet anything they didn't have a clue about what TG is :lol:

That was a hell of a long day. I was wearing a suit too! I just happened to be in Anaheim for work that week and lucked out getting tickets. A couple in front of me got me into the SIARPC taping which happened earlier because their friends didn't show up in time.

Similarly I'd pay to get a copy of the pilot in at least some form of rough edit or better. The pre-taped scenes that were done outside the studio were excellent. I loved the 80s car competition in death valley. Very much UK TG'like and I thought it was pretty funny. The "birth of the Stig' was pretty cool too. So true about the ladies the hired to stand in the front. I angled for a good front spot most of the time and they they'd toss them in ahead of us. They definitely had no clue what TG was.

Anyway, hopefully one day it will show up somewhere.

Well it will probally depend on who u ask to find out which is better, i mean jeremy says it didnt go ell but remeber clarkson heaven and hell, where he laughts at the escalde because i couldn't drive up a 80 degree slope and when the mustang raced the lotus and convienently spun out as it was leading into the final corner... Plus don't forget jeremy is very backwards, he thinks astons are good looking... Im looking forward to TG america so we can see cars people actually want and not all these diesle shitboxes and random british purpose built sportscars that nobody cares about... Plus it will be nice to watch an episode of TG without having to see richard hammond screaming at sumthing. Then we also would get to see guests that people actually know.

Plus don't forget jeremy is very backwards, he thinks astons are good looking...

Im looking forward to TG america so we can see cars people actually want and not all these diesle shitboxes and random british purpose built sportscars that nobody cares about... Plus it will be nice to watch an episode of TG without having to see richard hammond screaming at sumthing. Then we also would get to see guests that people actually know.

First off Astons are very good looking

Secondly they hate diesels on Top Gear. The rare times diesels are even on the show they generally don't have anything good to say about them. About the purpose build sports cars, what would you rather see on the show? a Chevy Malibu? no thanks.

I am from the states and Top Gear is great because of Richard, James and Jeremy. They make it fun to watch and have a great chemistry together. US has a hard time with British shows. Remember "Coupling"? Original was great due to the cast. The US version was awful. US version may be good. I hope it is, but it will never replace the original. The guy from Rescue me is pretty funny and has dry humor. Tanner Foust is a great driver. Guess the first couple of shows will say it all or not. Problem is going in and expecting it to be like the British Top Gear. Will have to drop expectations a bit. Me, I am waiting for season 15 from the boys

Seeing as all American car shows are either boring muscle car nostalgia fests for middle aged guys from Mokena, IL or cartoonish "pimp-my-ride"- type builder reality shows where they build a fishtank into the rear deck of a '77 Gremlin, almost anything would be better.

So it is finally coming out. The promos look alright. But what I want to know is:

NASCAR Stig?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I know they can't really do TGUSA without mentioning NASCAR, but since it already eats up most of the motorsports coverage on TV aaaaanyway...NO. Please, please, no.

IMHO, Tanner should've been cast as Stiggy. :)

Nothing will ever beat the original. That said, they should only try to take the concpet of TG UK so far. They need to make it into their own show for Americans. If they try to reenact the chemistry the original 3 had, it will be awful. I hope it's decent, but like I said, in its own way. I still wish they would have cast Ken Block [met him before at a rally event], but Tanner will suffice.

NASCAR Stig?

Jimmy Johnson:burnrubber: