Top Gear America trailer

I hope that they chopped out a bunch of that lap, so that they could show more of the other hosts during the trailer. But this is way to short for me to even want to try and form an opinion on the show. I can't wait to see a few full length episodes.

this looks soooo good i cant wait!!!!.
i really hope they dont mess up. but so far so good. :cool:

It certainly looks promising compared to the Australian version, but I personally can't get past the crass Americaness of the trailer. Hopefully the full show is better.

Cautiously optimistic... With any show, I never make a judgment after one viewing or episode. Takes a few, as even the producers themselves usually can't know what a show's going to be/feel like that early on.

Premiere will be in the 4th quarter sometime, according to critics at today's TCA conference shindig.

Last edited:
Too short a clip to try and judge what the entire series is going to be like, but the camerawork on the snippets of the reviews they posted was every bit as delicious and beautiful as Top Gear UK's standards. The snippet of the challenge looked more like a Youtube video though. :/

A bit too much "Aww dude like wow like man dude that was, dude" for my tastes, but then it's not made for my tastes and Americans are probably more used to getting that on TV. Looks fine. The presenters seem to be normal guys rather than quasi-celebrities doing it just to get a show, which is good.

IDK all i can say is I personally feel the top of top gear is to celebrate the car not try to turn it into a banana. But ya it still shows promise but i am waiting for the first episode. I also wonder if they are going to follow top gear UK and top gear Aus and lose a presenter for the second season.

that actually made me feel really good! im now excited!

what does that tell me? even if the show sucks, they have enough brains on the staff to put a good film together and that should give us all hope. think about this, that wasnt slapped together an they would never give you the best stuff out there, this was nicely assembled to highlight what we can expect. this wasnt even the best footage. i hope yuou guys can follow what im saying here (i just woke up) anyways, i feel 100% better than i did yesterday about this show now.

I hope the show is better than their attempt at a trailer.. That was actually quite horrible to try and promote the show. Content reminds me of shit me and my friends would do if money was no object, so I hope they don't tarnish the name.

I have a friend helping me get in touch with some people to move a few scripts I have, but that same person and his contacts are hopefully going to get me in front of the TGUSA production team. I'm seriously offering my writing skills up for free on this one... lol

Last edited:
I hope the show is better than their attempt at a trailer.. That was actually quite horrible to try and promote the show. Content reminds me of shit me and my friends would do if money was no object, so I hope they don't tarnish the name.

isnt that the point of the show? what if you and your friends could do whatever you want and money was no object? Top Gear

what are you expecting from this show? please explain what you meant

OOOOOooooooooooo........hh I cant wait. I hope that in the spirit of TG they make fun of the Brits.

That Rutledge Guy

That Rutledge Guy

I will also be cautiously optimistic here - I think the "Jackass" comment is fairly justified as well. The Rutledge guy kind of reminds me of a trained seal, clapping his hands and laughing maniacally.

Im still going to watch it though. I was pretty disappointed with TG S15, so maybe this will make up for it.

J

I would like to draw everyone's attention to a comedian, television show host, car nut, and all around good guy......

Mr Adam Carolla

He was slated to be our Jeremy, Foust would be our Hammond, and Eric Stromer would be our James. This was the way it was supposed to be when Adam still had his radio show in the morning with Teresa Strasser. He broke a confidentiality agreement by discussing on his radio program the pilot show that he, Tanner, and Eric had recorded. All of a sudden, the American TopGear, which was slated to be a primetime NBC show, was scrapped. Now we get Tanner, and two dudes I've never seen or heard of, and it looks even more watered down than Adam says his pilot was.

I will agree with those above me who say they are disappointed with Season 15, but not for the same reasons as you. I know a lot of it is scripted now, and I know that some of the reactions are fake. Does it make it any less fun to watch? Not to me. I am disappointed that they never mentioned once that us fat, lazy Americans are getting our own version. All I can say is that yes, the trailer does look good, and no, it doesn't put me in the mindset of Jackass, or even Nitro Circus for that matter, but it looks good enough for me to watch at least once. That being said, I want Adam and Eric.........period.

Can we ever match the BBC in lunacy? I'm betting we can....

Last edited:
I'm hoping Adam Carolla joins in season 2 if it gets that far. He would make the show incredible. The only reason he isn't there now is due to him working elsewhere under contract.

EDIT: A brief googling shows his show was canceled in June. I'll bet five bucks he will be there in a second season.

Last edited: