Top Gear America viewing party in Seattle

snoutmeat

I'm excited about the premiere....but I only have "limited" cable (no History Channel).
Problem solved -- I talked with Shultzy's in the University District, and they will be airing the show on their big-screen(s). For me at least, watching with other fans and a beer in my hand beats streaming it from the History Channel website on my laptop at home. :)

Anyone want to join me? This Sunday, 10 pm, Shultzy's, 4114 University Way. They have sausages, burgers, fries, salads, chili, many beers on tap, etc.

I hope I won't be sitting there alone!

--Shane

Yall can make a drinking game out of it. Everytime they mention Nascar, the 1st person who screams LAME! can make whoever he wants drink....

Were you alone?

History Channel HD is the East Coast feed here in Seattle (at least for Comcast), so it just wrapped. :)

I showed up at 9:30 and discovered that DirecTV was on some other time zone's schedule and that the show didn't start until 11 pm our time, so I sat around and watched "IRT World's Deadliest Roads" or something similar...3 American truckers driving insane roads in India. It was entertaining. TGUSA (TGA?) started at 11, and I was the only one there for the show, though two guys at the table behind me were fans of F1 racing and were big fans of the original TG, so they watched too.

My feedback (which is probably being covered elsewhere): it's not the British show, but that's ok. I'll give it a chance. I realize that one of the things I like about the British show is that the featured (classic) cars are often more to my taste. Here, they try to fly an old Cadillac and fill up a (Buick?) station wagon with water. I'm more excited by Jags, Minis, Saabs, etc, than most products by the Big 3. Of course, in England, an old XJ6 is more or less the equivalent of an old Cadillac here. Buzz Aldrin has certainly owned some interesting cars...Saab Sonnett, Bug-Eye Sprite, ummm...DKW, I think he said? I'd expected him to be a completely American guy.

Remember the first season of the "new" (modern) TG? There was that guy who came on and told you about the best deals in new and used cars. It took a while for the UK show to hit its groove, and I think that the relative youth of these presenters will be an advantage. If the show survives, we don't have to worry about these guys getting too old for the show. :) And if someone doesn't work out well with the other 2, I'm sure the producers will be quick to make a replacement. I'll have a little patience.

I'm planning to be there again next week. Sunday, 11 pm. It'll be me and those 2 other guys who just happened to pop in (I think they meet up there regularly on Sunday nights). The beer is good, the sausages and fries are good....oh, and you don't need to be 21, either. It's a restaurant that serves beer, not a bar, so everyone is welcome.

Remember the first season of the "new" (modern) TG? There was that guy who came on and told you about the best deals in new and used cars. It took a while for the UK show to hit its groove, and I think that the relative youth of these presenters will be an advantage. If the show survives, we don't have to worry about these guys getting too old for the show. :)

When TG UK S2 began, Jeremy was 43, James was 40, Richard was 33. (Don't know Jason's age in S1.)

Adam is 44; Tanner is 37; I still haven't found Rutledge's age, but I'm thinking 30s.