Top Gear: American Challenge II, Electric Boogaloo

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Idea for a Top Gear Challenge.

Craigslist sometimes has listings for people who are looking for traveling companions, people to share the cost of food and split up the driving responsibilities.

I'd love to see the Top Gear boys post ads on Craigslist or similar sites to try to get from A to B in a cross-country race. They would have to write their own ads and try to get fellow travelers take them along.

I'm sure that they would try to find people driving fantastic cars, but would probably end up in an ancient Chevy van with shag carpet and one square wheel. Then there's always the character who owns the van, and his/her taste in music.

I think it would be interesting, probably not best for the image of Americans, but entertaining.

Haha, imagine posting such an ad yourself and getting a call from Jeremy Clarkson!

I'm a sucker for the massive TG roadtrip specials.

Haha, imagine posting such an ad yourself and getting a call from Jeremy Clarkson!

I'm a sucker for the massive TG roadtrip specials.

Yeah, that was my thought. I was letting my mind wander and think about road trips I want to take and the thought occurred, what would May/Hammond/Clarkson think about that kind of trip? What music would they want to bring? What would they think of my car?

I decided that Hammond is the one I would most want to road-trip with. May would be an endless stream-of-consciousness about the War and technical babble. Clarkson would find some way to hate everything and I would quickly grow tired of him. Hammond just seemed like the one that would be the most fun to have along on a big trip. Hell, he's from the North so he's practically half-American anyway.

Yeah, that was my thought. I was letting my mind wander and think about road trips I want to take and the thought occurred, what would May/Hammond/Clarkson think about that kind of trip? What music would they want to bring? What would they think of my car?

I decided that Hammond is the one I would most want to road-trip with. May would be an endless stream-of-consciousness about the War and technical babble. Clarkson would find some way to hate everything and I would quickly grow tired of him. Hammond just seemed like the one that would be the most fun to have along on a big trip. Hell, he's from the North so he's practically half-American anyway.

What? I think May would be far and away the best, because he's got a wealth of knowledge. if you were driving cross-country, the radio stations would get really boring.

I decided that Hammond is the one I would most want to road-trip with. May would be an endless stream-of-consciousness about the War and technical babble. Clarkson would find some way to hate everything and I would quickly grow tired of him. Hammond just seemed like the one that would be the most fun to have along on a big trip. Hell, he's from the North so he's practically half a secret American anyway.

FTFY.

Anyway, I agree. I like James, but I think he'd be a bit taxing to be with non-stop (and not just for him babbling on incessantly). Ditto for Jeremy. Richard would be more likely to make the most of it and enjoy the experience.

lamax613 said:
if you were driving cross-country, the radio stations would get really boring.

Ever hear of iPods? Or satellite radio? :)

What? I think May would be far and away the best, because he's got a wealth of knowledge. if you were driving cross-country, the radio stations would get really boring.

I have a 6-disc MP3 player for a head unit. Between that and a disc wallet full of CDs I can have tens of thousands of songs in the car at once - more than enough to get me from one end of the country to the other.

The hamster? hell I would probably kick him out of the car after 5 miles..... nothing against him but something just irks me.....

Now Clarkson would be interesting, I can imagine either kicking him out after 3 miles, or having the time of my life with non stop LOL's all the way.

Mister May on the other hand would make an exellent driving companion for sure , world of knowledge, good manners and funny.......and he likes booze.

As a Brit in Atlanta I'd love to take them across the country in my M5, I'd have them laughing at the country from coast to coast.

You would be disqualified for being a British transplant. Clearly I'm the better choice.

The hamster? hell I would probably kick him out of the car after 5 miles..... nothing against him but something just irks me.....

Now Clarkson would be interesting, I can imagine either kicking him out after 3 miles, or having the time of my life with non stop LOL's all the way.

Mister May on the other hand would make an exellent driving companion for sure , world of knowledge, good manners and funny.......and he likes booze.

Any one of them would be fun. I'd say I'd have to flip a coin...but a coin only has two sides. :p

Any one of them would be fun. I'd say I'd have to flip a coin...but a coin only has two sides. :p

Not quite true. Heads for May, tails for Hammond, and if it lands on its edge then take Clarkson. Sorted.

Now where did I put that double-headed sixpence?

I did make a 3-sided dice for gaming. Take a blank D-6 and number it 1-3 twice.

I would absolutely go on a trip with Clarkson, Hammond, or May.

Although if i got to chose i would take Clarkson over them all. He's just such a character and not afraid to speak his mind.

As others have said, it would be a lolfest.

I'd be up for that. They really should come over here again, once they get the right visas.

Yeah, I figured it out, hence the :?

When I see D# I tend to think some kind of crazy greeknumberohedron, but of course D6 are regular dice...

You would be disqualified for being a British transplant. Clearly I'm the better choice.

I have people in stitches all the time and my british musings on American society are the stuff of legend.

Plus if a new top gera show in american had nobody British in it I think something would be lost.