Top Gear Apocalypse DVD

Terrible film. That cartoon bomb make up was bad, jokes were bad, even James was bad.
It's almost as if they tried to make the entire film intentionally bad.

At least Clarkson's DVD was excellent this time around.

Just finished watching it. I don't know, I got a giggle out of it, but almost everything in this DVD is what I find wrong with TopGear the tv show. The premise had potential, but the massive amount of fake nonsense, scripting, and explosions pushed it over the top. Too much childish nonsense and not enough substance. I miss the days when it was possible to learn something from an episode of TopGear.

It is quite fun later on. The whole thing is really a big comedy, with 7 yo kids missing their friendly neighbourhood bully Clarkson!

TomCat: " but almost everything in this DVD is what I find wrong with TopGear the tv show. The premise had potential, but the massive amount of fake nonsense, scripting, and explosions pushed it over the top. Too much childish nonsense and not enough substance. "

I totally agree! Ok, its really hard to be so creative and always top the own pinnacle as benchmark. Probbably they should stuck to what they?ve reached so far until something better comes up and not try so hard and totally fail. But on the other hand: apocalypse shows us how good the normal Top Gear still is! :) Allthough my favorite seasons were about 8 to 12 or so, with the epic specials, cool races and really good bullshit as Jezzas Fiesta-test (Beach Assault Landing Craft).
I have to give highest credits to the visual impact of the most current seasons. The visual effects are getting better and better (even though they are world champion for years), for example the Bentley Supersport chapter. But allthough they know how to do good visual style, they missed even that on the apocalypse DVD.

Honestly, it was OK, but I found I got more enjoyment out of TG:USA's 1st episode. This DVD is like a cartoon, an obvious one. You can tell everything thats going to happen, it leaves you going "no, they seriously aren't going to... thats so cheezy... welp I suppose they DID do it *sigh*"

There was enjoyment to bed had and I quite enjoyed it over Italian Job. I guess having more real cars on it did it for me.

For all the naysayers and critics, go make your own show and we shall see how you do :rolleyes:.

For all the naysayers and critics, go make your own show and we shall see how you do :rolleyes:.

I'm glad that you liked the show, but I do believe we are entitled to our own opinions.
That's like saying nobody should be allowed to say a car is rubbish unless they've built one themselves.

At the end of the day, this is discussion about the show, and it wouldn't be much of a discussion if nobody's allowed to have a dissenting opinion, would it?

Without Jeremy Richard and James are boring

Without Jeremy Richard and James are boring

I saw the DVD and I also saw JC's The Italian Job. The 2 dvd's suffer from the same flaw, they lack the rest of the cast. It was ok but it's not Top Gear. The magic is there when the three of them are on screen, but if one of them is missing then its like watching Fifth Gear...

I'm glad that you liked the show, but I do believe we are entitled to our own opinions.
That's like saying nobody should be allowed to say a car is rubbish unless they've built one themselves.

At the end of the day, this is discussion about the show, and it wouldn't be much of a discussion if nobody's allowed to have a dissenting opinion, would it?

One can have an opinion, that's not a problem. I didn't like Top Gear Russia so I stopped watching it. It seems to me that if it isn't Jezza, it is crap. And to me JC is getting worse whereas Richard and James are enjoyable to watch. They came out with a DVD that was better than Italian Job, in my opinion. It seems a good portion of members just come here and bitch about how bad it is and are offering advice...really advice? That's my beef. I don't care about opinions, it is only getting to me when folks just try to explain a way of improving the show without having any background, know how, or the skill to do it. That's my 2 cents. Again, no problem with opinions...it is the other ones, if you catch my drift.

Anyone else lol at this?
http://img593.imageshack.**/img593/3409/loltopgear.png

Didn't even see that. Which part was that? It is worse than some cars I've seen here :lol:.

Whats up with James? Does he suffer from imaginary radioactivity?

Why does he claim, that the F40 has a V6 engine instead of the V8?
And that James. The only precise TG-host lost his sanity. How could that happen?

James May simply says whatever the writers tell him to say, such as an F40 has a V6 engine. Him being the precise and knowledgeable TG host is just an act, the only true petrolhead on TG is Jeremy.

It seems a good portion of members just come here and bitch about how bad it is and are offering advice...really advice? That's my beef.

Mine too. It seems that some TG fans are so jaded now that they are turning on TGUK instead of just bitching about how "bad" TGR and TGA are to them.

Unfortunately, we have to tolerate these trolls till they get bored and move on.

only liked the "last barrel" bits.. everything else was rather boring..

Bad script, bad jokes, no sense at any level, just a big piece of shit. Did like the last cars ever to drive parts, still they weren't that good either. First time fell a sleep during something TG related.

Mine too. It seems that some TG fans are so jaded now that they are turning on TGUK instead of just bitching about how "bad" TGR and TGA are to them.

That irks me too, since most of these people also got their copy for free.

I thought some parts of the dvd were tedious, then again I went in without expecting much and ended up being entertained. Just some stupid fun for a boring evening.

Don't forget there were two TG dvds that came out almost at the same time - and Jezza's catered to the more serious stuff.

The DVD's a stocking-filler, not a learned treatise. Keep it in proportion.

Especially those of you who aren't even forking out a tenner for it.

Not good

Not good

Anyone else lol at this?
http://img593.imageshack.**/img593/3409/loltopgear.png

This and when they did the obligatory dash shot of the Porsche, the tank was full. Not to split hairs but it is unlike top gear production. I too thought perhaps it's brittish dry humor and I'm not getting it... But on second vexing nope, it just sucks. Just proof that slap the top gear name on anything and it'll sell. Now that being said tg/us is starting to smooth out the edges of the first episode.

Didn't even see that. Which part was that? It is worse than some cars I've seen here :lol:.

When Hammand is driving the Bola(was it called that? lol) Against the mosquito Helicopter and they played chicken with each other, though the helicopter was in the air. He said something about the closing speed then shortly after this screen came up.

When Hammand is driving the Bola(was it called that? lol) Against the mosquito Helicopter and they played chicken with each other, though the helicopter was in the air. He said something about the closing speed then shortly after this screen came up.

Bowler. Watched it a second time and saw it. It was just a slight glimpse though.