Top Gear Apocalypse DVD

You guys are taking this too seriously. I didn't sit down to watch it expecting a normal episode of Top Gear; I expected a bunch of sillyness that they wouldn't normally fill a whole episode with. Just look at the DVD's subject, were you honestly expecting them to road test cars like normal? Lighten up and have a good laugh. That's what this whole DVD is for.

:+1:

I expect crap like this from Dicky, but not Jimmy.
He must really need to pay for that 430.

[James] must really need to pay for that 430.

You're also aware he recently traded in his Boxster for a new 911, right?

Further, let's remember this DVD is not the first time James and Richard have done something daft together. Also see: Car Darts, Conkers with Caravans, Road Test Russian Roulette, Remote Control Car racing, testing Jeremy's silly "Anne Hathaway's Cottage" Mercedes S-Class, Reliant Robin Space Shuttle, Motorhome Racing (even though that was mainly a Richard segment that James was in). All of which were parts of the normal series. So the idea that James would not do something silly like Apocalypse doesn't wash with me.

Totally lame. Just milking the cash cow some more.. Sad.
You could actually see it in their faces.. they hated it too.

I liked it, it was just mindless fun. And since Top Gear was out of the air for so long, it was like a junkie's fix.
Yes, the explosions and stuff were silly, but I laughed at some stuff like driving with all our glasses blacked out, cos GPSs do this annoying thing which is turn into roads they expect you to turn into, rather than give you your actual position.
The demolition derby MOT with weapons was stupidly fun, reminded me of Battle Bots or something like that.
And I guess Jeremy died in the apocalypse... it'd been fun if he made an appearance like a zombie which Hammond or May ran over or shot, to finally get back at him.

PS After reading some comments:
You people need to start relaxing and having a laugh. I'm not saying you should like everything Top Gear makes, but honestly, saying "it's the worst thing I've ever seen", is a bit over the top. Either you haven't seen anything at all ever, or you need to take a chill pill and have a bit of fun once in a while. While reading some of your comments, I couldn't help picturing you writing them:
rwj.bmp

Last edited:
And I guess Jeremy died in the apocalypse... it'd been fun if he made an appearance like a zombie which Hammond or May ran over or shot, to finally get back at him.

See, I think Jeremy does turn into a zombie in the apocalypse. :nod: But he was just too busy eating ecomentalists' BRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSS! (he'd aim for them first) to go after James and Richard.

Besides that, I thought the only way to kill a zombie for good was to shoot them in the head?

See, I think Jeremy does turn into a zombie in the apocalypse. :nod: But he was just too busy eating ecomentalists' BRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSS! (he'd aim for them first) to go after James and Richard.

Besides that, I thought the only way to kill a zombie for good was to shoot them in the head?

Ecomentalist Zombies don't have brains, they have GGGRRRAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNSSS

And yeah, shoot them in the head or separate the head from the body... and zombies being rotten flesh, running over them can make the head come off :D

:lol: Points taken!

This DVD was EPIC! Pure awesomeness!

I've just watched it. It wasn't great, but I went into it expecting it to be not great. It's meant to be silly and fun and that's exactly what it was so I have no complaints with it at all. If anything, it was better than I thought it was going to be (the RC racing segment was genuinely brilliant) and definitely better than last years DVD (although that could simply be because James is in this one). Yes, some bits were blatantly scripted and a bit groan-worthy but that's what these christmas DVD's are all about, if you were expecting proper Top Gear or something serious and educational then you approached it with the wrong mindset and you were only ever going to be dissapointed with it. You need to watch it expecting it to be scripted, silly and childish.

Also:
Crap! I knew where I read it right up until you asked!

Lemme go check.....

Now I remember:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article675514.ece

"And that?s why I have no points on my licence, and to his eternal mystification, James May aka Captain Slow has 14. "

This will be another of Jeremy's wild over exaggerations because if you collect 12 points or more you get banned.

I found this dvd particularly entertaining and interesting. I admired how much work was put to make all the rc things in that shoot and that satnav driving thing was very british and hilarious. I am surprised you guys didnt like it. Maybe part of you are getting old huh? No offence

Maybe part of you are getting old huh? No offence

I think I can safely say that - use of time malfunctioning time machines excluded - all of my parts are getting older at the same rate*.

This is actually a good thing. As you get older everything takes longer... /taps side of nose with one finger

* <pedantry>Actually, since my head is further away from the Earth, which is the largest local source of gravity, and the greater the gravitational field the slower local time runs, my head is taking longer to age than my feet, but in the scheme of things I think we can ignore the difference.</pedantry>

I think I can safely say that - use of time malfunctioning time machines excluded - all of my parts are getting older at the same rate*.

This is actually a good thing. As you get older everything takes longer... /taps side of nose with one finger

* <pedantry>Actually, since my head is further away from the Earth, which is the largest local source of gravity, and the greater the gravitational field the slower local time runs, my head is taking longer to age than my feet, but in the scheme of things I think we can ignore the difference.</pedantry>

Its called ageing what you say... Physical effects of time cannot be felt in your mind and that whats all about...

I thought it was entertaining, I enjoyed the daft challenges and explosions. :)

Absolutely rubbish. The first time I finished watching a TG episode and say, I just waited my time.

On the other hand, The Italian Job by Clarkson is quite brilliant. Not the best, but entertaining.

Absolutely rubbish. The first time I finished watching a TG episode and say, I just waited my time.

What? It isn't a TG episode, and you can't judge TopGear itself from this DVD. I suggest you get hold of a few episodes from the last series, hopefully you'll find them to be a nice mixture of the content of both DVDs.