Top Gear At Silverstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yerp lol But what are we more worried about?

That was a serious shunt, thankfully they are both ok.

TG would probably be happy with a finish at this stage.

Here we are guys. A few more pictures before I get to bed. I asked Clarkson whether 24hrs was long enough for James to do a lap. He replied that whilst it perhaps doesn't look like he's moving, it is possible to detect it using 3 triangulated theodolites in a geostationary orbit, but otherwise, he appears stationary. LOL

Britcar_Raceday-65.jpg

Mmmm Top Gear Menu!

Britcar_Raceday-42.jpg

Jezza

Britcar_Raceday-252.jpg

Britcar_Raceday-198.jpg

Ben Collins.....sorry I mean The Stig at the wheel

More to come tomorrow evening...and oh....whilst I remember, Jeremy said something about why May doesn't have a union jack next to his name. He said that all would be revealed later!

Great pix, ArosaMike. Thanks. Thanks too to Martyn & WirelessMonkey:D

Do you have a closeup of the flags beside the drivers names?

TG back out at 02.15 after crashing at 23.26. 14hrs 13 to go, probably Stig at the wheel

Last edited:
Posted on front page.

HOW DID YOU GET IN lol

and are you reporting from there right now?

I've got a media pass, and yes, I'm reporting live as it were...

How are you posting? You got a laptop with gprs modem?

Media centre WiFi :p

Just had quite a long stint out taking pictures of light trails! Gots loads to process!

Team TH needs to get hit with a asteriod or something :mad:

stupid golfs!

I was just listening to the live radio feed and it's quite boring:|. I checked the live standings list (SPOILER TEXT IN WHITE HIGHLIGHT IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT. I don't know how to do the spoiler box thing)------------------------- and the Top Gear team isn't doing too well at 46th out of 61. Still, the Stig might even catch up and WIN!! Even if they do lose, so what? It'll still make a brilliant piece of television. And what country is May from according to the car (the flag beside May's name is red, yellow,blue from top do bottom)?

I just rechecked the standings and Top Gear is moving up the ladder!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Ilpav:
yea, if it wasn't noon down here, i'd probably listen to that to get me knocked out :p
but it seems they're gaining back positions now, slowly climbing back up again... oh and it must be stiggy driving now. 2:18 last lap, best lap 2:16 ... another one up. car in front of them did a 2:55 last lap. yay

and i wonder whether the hamster would've crashed as well if they had him in his required booster seat. he probably didn't see where he was going hehe

hm seems the car in front of them is in the pits. its last laptime is still the same, whereas the tg has done 3 laps.. woot, 3 laps to go

/ahh safety car is out 'visibilty issues' like same mist as last year... just when they were about to clear the car in front. guess it's still in the pits, so they can still clear it.

Last edited:
Some pictures...

CRW_3961.jpg

CRW_4007.jpg

To clear up the flag queries... it's a rainbow, probably hinting at gay pride as someone suggested...

CRW_4039.jpg

CRW_4217.jpg

CRW_4221.jpg

CRW_4419.jpg

Oh and the mist has come out... I think I'm gonna go shoot the pitlane a bit! :lol:

-"is it a stig or a presenter in the car right now?"
"it's james may in the car. he's getting instructions from jeremy clarkson"
-"over the radio?"
"no, he's leaning into the car"
-"oh they're in the pits?"
"..."
-"is it instructions or unwanted blabla that jeremy offers?"

lol

well anyway team top gear could move up a few places over the next 10-15 laps as there seem to be a few cars in front of them that are in the pits for some time now - just check the laptimes. several 2:30 laps when every other car is doing 4:30ish laps behind the safety car. some are 40 laps off though hehe

oh and great pics, more please! too bad we won't see exhaust flames in the night at this safety car speeds

Hahahahhahaa, great pics, keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.