Top Gear At Silverstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting if they did!

The Barwell Aston DBRS9 of Jonny Cocker and Paul Drayson have recently confirmed their entry into the Britcar 24, and Barwell have a strong relationship with Tiff Needell! I can't imagine that Tiff would be driving, but it could make it interesting!

^ Clarkson would set the DBRS9 on fire in revenge attack ;)

I do think they will keep the 330d for a couple of reasons
1) Cost - BBC don't like spending money
2) They quite attached to the car now, in the article JC spoke about how much he liked driving it and got attached to it
3) I suspect the Diesel class is easier to win

They were going to be in 13th overall right? Well I think they will add a bigger turbo to the 300d, but it will be the same one. Maybe a top 10 finish, unless Hamster does it again :p

^ I don't think there allowed to change the turbos, but they could up the boost or re-map the ECU that would give it more power. With go strategy and luck (by luck I mean a lot of cars in front drop out, need a lot of fuel etc. etc. that car could be in the Top 3

Judging by what all the other spoiler threads say, TG will be back in June/July, so if they are back at Silverstone this year it won't be in Series 11 :(

I hope they do go back to do Britcar again for series 12

I think if Top Gear return to Britcar they will have the same car, but, they will have a better chance because they will know the circuit, they will have more experience to set up the car and not experience the same bugs they had last year.

If they entered if they did it right they could finish top ten, maybe even on the podium at a push, doubt they'd do it thou as its very rare to get though a night as an amature without having an accident.

I think if Top Gear return to Britcar they will have the same car, but, they will have a better chance because they will know the circuit, they will have more experience to set up the car and not experience the same bugs they had last year.

If they entered if they did it right they could finish top ten, maybe even on the podium at a push, doubt they'd do it thou as its very rare to get though a night as an amature without having an accident.

Also I'd hope they'd actually do some testing with the car, unlike what they did last time, I think winning the diesel class wouldn't be to hard unless there is another team with better experience in a quicker car, like an Audi 3.0 V6 TDi, or a newer 330d

Status
Not open for further replies.