Top Gear At Silverstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody clear up the current positions ?, I don?t have java and can?t be bothered to install it. I heard a while back that the Marcos BMW 120 diesel was in 18th place which is pretty bizarre , so where does this put Team TG in their class ?

Looks like I'll get quite a lot of time to post more pics seeing as the race has been suspended!

It was quite funny watching Top Gear's stop just before it was suspended, they were trying to get the car done before the field came round for a second time, May got in the car, and Clarkson wanted them to let them go straight out so May could attempt to hurtle round the track and effectively unlap himself and catch back up. The Marshalls just said "you can't send him out on his own, he'll get lost!" which was fairly funny seeing as it was May, even though it was the case for everyone. Seriously, the driving conditions are ridiculous, cars just follow the car in front.
When May got out of the car on the grid he was saying that he went a bit wide and went off into the gravel, and looking in his mirrors and three other cars followed him through the gravel!

It's the weirdest thing though, just a single file line of abandoned cars on the grid!

lol, any idea when its restarting?

Nope, the fog's still looking pretty thick. Although Rollcentre Racing appear to think it may be soon because they're all ready to go in the pits!

Some other random photos, non Top Gear related...

CRW_4118.jpg

CRW_4454.jpg

CRW_4457.jpg

radio is interesting again, Mr.boringman went home

well and the race got underway as well. top gear moved up one, #41 now and going 10s / lap faster than the car in #40 with the #39 place car not moving it seems. hmm

Yeah. I just heard that the Top Gear car went into the pits with only one light on. :dunno:
And how can some of those people be faster than the STIG!?!?!?!?!?!!

james is driving right now is why. tis not one of the 3 stig men :p driving. 6 laps to go till they make #40

No I'm talking about how Top Gear's best lap, (2:16.298 ) probably by the Stig, was beaten by many other guys out there!!:mad:

And I don't think there are 3 Stigs participating (all they need is one), and I think that will be cheating.

Stig back about in 1.5hrs at 9.30am approx.

Wonder could that flag be anything to do with America....

TOP GEAR WENT UP A SPOT (40th)!!!!!!

the #42 car is gaining on them though. and someone said they had a driver listing of stig 1, stig 2, stig 3, jezza, maz, hamster... all of them doing 2 stints at 2hrs each. just don't let the hamster drive again. whatever it takes. interestingly enough jezza was the fastest of the presenters so far, with may 2nd and well hammond last (wtf he's the one with a racing license)...

i just wish i could see a video stream

This is what I fucking wanted! Top Gear doing proper car stuff! This is going to be magical when it's aired! I love the fake sponsor stickers too "lARSEen's biscuits" and "PENISton oils" :lol:

lmao @ May's gay pride flag!

Commentator says "May is doing a competent job'

High praise indeed for Capn Slow

2nd car in diesel class creeping across the line.. things look up for team tg!

/#39th place now

Last edited:
Team Top Gear doing very well at the moment, hopefully they can hold it together for the next seven or so hours, are they 3rd in class at the moment? Very good considoring that they are 3 middle aged blokes who are deeply unfit! Would seem that we have a new Captain Slow as well :p

No I'm talking about how Top Gear's best lap, (2:16.298 ) probably by the Stig, was beaten by many other guys out there!!:mad:

The Top Gear car is a diesel BMW 330, in the LOWEST class of the series. It's up against GT3 spec BMWs, Moslers etc.

And I don't think there are 3 Stigs participating (all they need is one), and I think that will be cheating.

Why would it be cheating? Have you read the rulebook? I heard on Friday that four Stigs signed on, the commentary keeps mentioning three, Ben Collins is definitely one of them (that was a given anyway really), he's been about in their garage whenever the Stig isn't in the car, he's wearing an alpinestars t-shirt when not dressed as the Stig and he's also got a white wristbad on which means he's signed on as a driver.
Phil Keen is another, and he's also driving the Eclipse Mosler.
With the stints that the other presenters are doing, it's quite likely that they're only using Ben, but there is more than one Stig signed on.

There are quite a few other cars about with five drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.