Top Gear At The Movie

I found quite a few at HMV...one was in Bath (which probably doesn't help too much) and the other was in Westfield Mall in London. And I just placed an order from Amazon.uk that arrived in Canada in just over a week. Not bad, espeically for this time of the year.

I found quite a few at HMV...one was in Bath (which probably doesn't help too much) and the other was in Westfield Mall in London. And I just placed an order from Amazon.uk that arrived in Canada in just over a week. Not bad, espeically for this time of the year.

HMV it is then. I've been considering going to the new Westfield Mall, but thinking maybe I shouldn't spend precious vacation time doing something I could do at home, but maybe this will be worth it. I do like to have a bit of a quest to go on when I'm there. :)

Guys, if I were you I'd watch it before spending the money, unless you're total fanbois/gurlz and simply have to own everything TG related.

Perhaps you might have a friend ;);) with a copy who might loan ;);) it to you for preview purposes.

OK, so I couldn't wait any longer and poppd it in to watch last night. Anyone thinking of buying it should heed what MWF says. Honestly, I fell asleep.

It sort of seemed to me it was a Hammond DVD with guest appearances by May.

I just have no words for it. It was the first thing that has disappointed me TG related.

The idea seemed good, but something went horribly wrong.

I watched it again to be sure this morning because I fell asleep, and I am now sure. I doubt I will ever watch it again.

I feel cheated.

Hammond and May, you owe me a good DVD.

It sort of seemed to me it was a Hammond DVD with guest appearances by May.

That's why you form your own production company in the first place

Last edited:
That was more enjoyable than the DVD. Thanks for posting.

It even gave me an idea for the DVD I feel they owe me. (Listening to them talk about it was better than actually watching it, but I did like watching the invisible car idea.) They should go down to the pub, have a pint, play some darts, have a fight maybe, and just talk about cars/cars in movies/TV/whatever.

I got Apocalypse last year for Christmas. I really liked it. Every time I have to drive thru thick fog, which has been often lately, I think about it because that was my favorite part.

The invisible car was quite enjoyable, but the rest of it was rather lamentable. It's a pity they can't ditch these second rate efforts and put the energy towards making more decent Top Gear episodes.

Easily the worst DVD i think i've ever seen, EVER!! I've never really bad mouthed or criticise much of their work as i tend to love it all, BUT THIS!!! OH LAWD!!!

At the risk of the potential comments, I'd just like to say that I didn't hate the DVD. Not my favourite TG related DVD, but I didn't hate it, either.

And I'd probably enjoy Skylock's idea too.

I thought the first segment, Skoda vs Jetman, was very well done - TGUK episode quality.

Flying Finn rally champion Toni Gardemeister waving at camera while racing: Hello!
Hammond screaming: Just concentrate!
Gardemeister cheerfully: OK!

And just like in the movies, their nice clean 2000/2001 Range Rover 2.5 DHSE that apparently cost "?2,800" was stunt-doubled by a 1997 Range Rover 4.0 SE.

Last edited: