Top Gear Australia Mag

OppyLock

Car(s)
Ssangyong Rexton & Holden SS Commodore
The missus got home tonight to find the mag in my letterbox.
I've not read any of it yet, but there's picks of the British three on the cover underneath the Holden Coupe 60 (which the mag has driven).

Contents: 242 pages.
Focus RS
911 road test
Turbo comparo: Evo X vs STi vs BMW 135i vs Audi S3
Deliverance: Ford vs Holden 30 carton delivery article
Days of Blunder: F1 piece on Mark Webber
Rotary Ho?
X-bow unleashed
Wall candy: Helen Mirren vs Clarkson bedroom :)
Holden upsize: How many Elvis's can you fit in a Holden wagon?
Retro love-in. Duke's dodge vs the Doc's Delorean.
Smart Oz
Bond fantasies: DB9 long term road test
Saab turbo X: 30th anniversary of the Saab turbo
It's alive: Mazda furai
Meet Gina: BMW concept article
Gran designs: Quattroporte article.
DIY Zonda: Zonda with a new gearbox
Clarkson column
May column
Bill McKinnon column
Chris Atkinson column
Drive tests: Alfa MiTo, Merc SL, BMW M3 cabrio, Lexus RX, Mini cooper clubman, A5 quattro, Renault Laguna, Merc SLK, VW passat R36, VW Touareg R50, Honda Accord Euro, Mazda 2
plus more ....

Now all I need to do is be allowed to leave work and go home and take a look instead of having the missus taunt me about it.

Any clue how much it costs? For $7.95 it was a bargain, but anything over $10 I don't think I'd be willing to pay.

If you're worried about cost, get a subscription. $70 for 12 issues. Really cheap.

The intro price as $7.95, which implies it'll be a bit more regularly. I got the subscription as a birthday prezzie, which sounds like the way to go.

Had a quick flick through and many of the articles seem to be repeats or paraphrases of the UK articles. For example, where the UK mag would poke fun at a politician then his name has been substituted to make sense in OZ. Could be wrong on that though ... just my paranoid, conspiratorial side :)

i just put in a 1yr subscription order from magshop.com.au, so should start at the Sept issue...

Should i pick up the august issue, if not just for the sake of completeness?

They said in the magazine focus RS won't come to Australia. :cry:

Yep, thats true. From 2011 however, the Mark III Focus will be built in Australia and FPV are looking at doing a hotted up version of that.