Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

Hoping they just copied that from the NZ page which also lists him.

I thought that might be the case as well, which is why I hadn't posted it before now.

The 3rd Top Gear Live (Australia) host will probably be Warnie, or Glenn Ridge or whatever other stooge Channel 9 wants up there.

Whilst it's still pretty sad that Channel 9 will likely dismantle the current excellent hosting team, put their own performing seals in there and turn TGA into a 40 minute infomercial, I enjoy a nice bit of schadenfreude, so it's not all bad news.

^ yeah Stiggie .. but tickets are sold by Ticketek .. a PBL company .. so I wouldn't be so confident that Nein will not have a say.

^
However, PBL and PBL Media are now seperate subsidaries in the Packer Empire (He doesn't even own PBL Media anymore...CPH does)

^
Or he can't be bothered running companies that his father and grandfather built and run and is basically running away with their money.

Kerry and Sir Frank must be spinning in their graves.

There's an old saying in business that goes along the lines of "the first generation starts it, the second generation builds it, the third generation blows it".

Will be interesting to see if this holds true with the Packer empire. It's looking that way so far.

i've just listened to steve's radio show on podacst in the hope of catching some info on next year (no such luck) but came to the conclusion that if he doesn't make it over to the evil empire he could have a career in radio. it was pretty good. Didn't expect that i have to say!

http://www.3aw.com.au/break

i've just listened to steve's radio show on podacst in the hope of catching some info on next year (no such luck) but came to the conclusion that if he doesn't make it over to the evil empire he could have a career in radio. it was pretty good. Didn't expect that i have to say!

Bold, fearless prediction: if Steve doesn't make it over to Nein, SBS will keep him for other work. He's a cycling nut, so he'd make a handy commentator for stuff like Tour De France etc. That, and he'd be useful for stuff like Dakar etc. Or, maybe, if SBS decided to go it alone and make a car show ...

^ good. At least Adam and Jamie haven't let fame and fortune affect their product (as much).

Well any small bit is probably worth mentioning now, from James' twitter:
Launching of boat today. Rental Hilux has gone, so using Top Gear landcruiser. Hope brakes are up to the job, boat is heavy. Pics later...

Though surely if Nine were keeping the current TGA presenters they'd have told us by now.

^ good. At least Adam and Jamie haven't let fame and fortune affect their product (as much).

Um, what season of Mythbusters are you on? It's at least as bad as Top Gear if not worse. They ran out of ideas 2+ years ago and the script is so forced it's painful.

Warnie was interviewed on the Cricket Show and said that the sources talking of him being on Top Gear on Nine next year were quite good. This was during an interview with Mark Webber.

See the interview here. Saturday only

Well that's just great...:rolleyes:

James Morrison's Twitter said:
Launching of boat today. Rental Hilux has gone, so using Top Gear landcruiser. Hope brakes are up to the job, boat is heavy. Pics later...

Warnie was interviewed on the Cricket Show and said that the sources talking of him being on Top Gear on Nine next year were quite good. This was during an interview with Mark Webber.

Bold, fearless prediction: Top Gear Australia with Warnie, James Morrison and Glenn Ridge. Coming to Nein in 2010. :barf:

(well, to be fair, James Morrison is fine ... but he'll probably fade into the background if Warnie is head cock main host) ...