Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

Well no surprises there, since it's during the Winter Olympics. But showing sooner than I thought.

Top Gear returns on Feb 16th with series 14... which happens to be a Tuesday night at 7:30pm. And is followed by the Winter Olympics special. So 2 episodes in one night. :hmm:

source

I can forsee a flurry of posts in this thread from around 8:00pm on Feb 16th saying things like 'that's not gone well' and 'ambitious but rubbish' ...

They just had an ad on 'Eric Bana vs. Jeremy Clarkson'!

How in fuck's name is it Eric Bana VERSUS Clarkson?

I hate Channel Nein, so so so much.

Gawd. The show hasn't even gone to air on 9 yet and they're already doing their best to ruin it. It's a bit like watching a car crash that you just KNOW is about to happen.

Nein are launching top gear in Adelaide this Tuesday Feb 9 with the Bolivia Special. Starts 19:30 and finishes 21:15.

We are getting it as the one day cricket is on at Adelaide oval and as I guess it's not a sellout we don't get that but get TG instead.

The timing would suggest that it's not being chopped at all....

How in fuck's name is it Eric Bana VERSUS Clarkson?

They are referring to the little England vs Australia repartee that Eric and Jeremy had going during the interview.

Nein are launching top gear in Adelaide this Tuesday Feb 9 with the Bolivia Special. Starts 19:30 and finishes 21:15.

1 hour and 16 minutes of TopGear, 29 minutes of ads.

Last edited:

We are getting it as the one day cricket is on at Adelaide oval and as I guess it's not a sellout we don't get that but get TG instead.

What a way to disadvantage the other states by showing the best show from the series and then let everyone else wait to watch all the other episodes and crap promos to get the good one.

Also.. what will we get here when the rest of the country get's the bolivia special? a repeat of it?... Good going Nein!

I assume that you'd get it again, yes.

Or we could send you a tape of the cricket. :p

Oh could you? reckon that the cricket will be up as a torrent within an hour of it finishing.

OK I'm off topic now...

I would gti138, I really would, but there are people in my life whom I've forced to vow to kill me in a savagely brutal manner if they were ever to find me in front of a television that is showing cricket. I'd consider it a mercy killing.

Plan B would be for them to try turning the television off.

Also.. what will we get here when the rest of the country get's the bolivia special? a repeat of it?... Good going Nein!

TBH, the only episode from Series 14 I'd be happy to watch as a repeat is the Bolivia special.

I'll be watching tonight, if only out of morbid curiosity to see how badly Nein butcher it.

Is there some way for somebody from Adelaide to accurately time how long it goes for without the ads?

Maybe someone with a PVR could record it and strip the ads out?

Is there some way for somebody from Adelaide to accurately time how long it goes for without the ads?

If only there was some sort of device available to monitor the passing of time...

Well I didn't notice anything edited out but it was a bit annoying having the ads when i am used to seeing TG with no ads.