Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

Why can't Nine just have a go with the current presenters and see how it rates with some money behind it, then if it fails they can mess with the hosts.

you know, there is an outside chance that Warnie may just be a SIABSC. Wazza, Steve and James work very well together. To be honest, I enjoyed TGA S2 more than TG UK S14 ... so much so that I'm rewatching TGA S2 at the moment, whereas I can't see myself rewatching TGA S1 for a long time.

What worries me is that Nein will dumb TGA down to try and tap into the bogan audience. Hence the concerns that we'll see Warnie, a second dumb blonde with big tits and Glenn Ridge. Or maybe James Morrison if we're lucky.

Because neither Waz nor Steve have a real profile outside of TGA, Nein might not pick them up ... which would totally suck. The best we might be able to hope for would be more Wazza docos in the same vein as 'Peking To Paris' and Steve picking up a gig as a racing/motoring commentator elsewhere.

Last edited:
....The best we might be able to hope for would be more Wazza docos in the same vein as 'Peking To Paris'...

To be honest, I'd really like that.

He's like an Australian James May, sort of.
In that, he was on the Top Gear, and had a few side things.

And not drivel like Brainiac.

Um, yeah.

This page has been saying for months now that the third host is Greg Murphy.

Below that line, it just lists Jezza, James (May), and Stig under "The Presenters". A bit schizo, methinks. (On the Auckland site, Jezza, James (May), Greg Murphy, and Stig are listed under that same heading.)

Great, NINE doesnt broardcast north of Adelaide into country SA.... so wont get to see if the show's good anyway... no oneHD, no 7TWO, no Channel 9 at all... and this is progress huh?..

I can imagine anyway, just like all the decent car mags now (Motor & Wheels) that the corporate $$ will run this show... "reviews" or test's of cars will be nothing but "cash for comments" and being politically correct will curb any type of "fun"

Great, NINE doesnt broardcast north of Adelaide into country SA.... so wont get to see if the show's good anyway... no oneHD, no 7TWO, no Channel 9 at all... and this is progress huh?..

I can imagine anyway, just like all the decent car mags now (Motor & Wheels) that the corporate $$ will run this show... "reviews" or test's of cars will be nothing but "cash for comments" and being politically correct will curb any type of "fun"

No WIN in your parts?

No WIN in your parts?

Nope... Southern Cross Broadcasting, ABC & SBS only. Southern Cross have two channels that carry CH10 & CH7 Adelaide shows.. the only time we see CH9 is like today when they show the cricket on the SC channel that usually carry's the CH7 show's...

And constantly seeing oneHD adverts when we cant get it is a lesson in frustration...

Below that line, it just lists Jezza, James (May), and Stig under "The Presenters". A bit schizo, methinks. (On the Auckland site, Jezza, James (May), Greg Murphy, and Stig are listed under that same heading.)

Got me. Does that mean the Aussie Tour Stig is Greg Murphy?

Seems like a cool copy bork to me. :)

What worries me is that Nein will dumb TGA down to try and tap into the bogan audience. Hence the concerns that we'll see Warnie, a second dumb blonde with big tits and Glenn Ridge. Or maybe James Morrison if we're lucky.

Well if you give one of the blonde hair and a boob job then you'll kill two birds with one stone.

Southern Cross Broadcasting, ABC & SBS only. Southern Cross have two channels that carry CH10 & CH7 Adelaide shows.. the only time we see CH9 is like today when they show the cricket on the SC channel that usually carry's the CH7 show's...

And constantly seeing oneHD adverts when we cant get it is a lesson in frustration...

From TVtonight-

Satellite to Rescue Digital Blackspots

Television viewers in regional blackspots just got a new year?s gift from the Rudd Government with an announcement that it will invest in a national satellite service to bring digital television to all of the country.

The major announcement addresses ongoing concerns that some regional viewers might be left behind in the transition from analogue to digital television.

The government will invest $40m to build and operate the satellite system, which it describes as an ongoing commitment. It promises to be in place before analogue is switched off in regional centres -the first of which begins by mid 2010 in Mildura / Sunraysia.

It has also reached an agreement with broadcasters to upgrade more than 100 regional analogue facilities.

The new service will effectively act as a replacement for viewers who cannot receive a signal from upgraded local broadcasters. But those viewers will need to install a satellite dish. The Government will provide a satellite conversion subsidy to ?eligible households? in relevant areas. It identifies 247,000 households as potentially accessing the new satellite system.

?All regional Australians will now receive the same television services as people in the cities,? said Minister Stephen Conroy.

?This is a fantastic outcome for people in regional Australia, many of whom have received limited television services for many years.

?This historic decision will dramatically improve the choice and quality of television services for regional Australia as we move towards digital switchover.?

The move promises to bring ABC2, ABC3, SBS TWO, GO!, 7TWO and ONE HD to all of Australia, and maintains
local news via dedicated local news channels, something which regional broadcasters were rallying to keep last year.

Broadcasters will upgrade more than 100 existing regional analog ?self-help? transmission facilities to operate in digital, while the Government will fully fund and build a new digital satellite broadcasting service for regional viewers who are unable to receive digital television from those facilities. Viewers who currently rely on ?self-help? sites that will be upgraded by broadcasters under this agreement will need to install a high definition set-top-box to access a full suite of digital television channels.

Any regional households not able to receive digital television from the upgraded ?self-help? sites will be served by the new satellite.

Senator Conroy said that the Government will be writing to ?self-help? transmission licensees detailing the new measures as well as providing further information to local communities.

The Government is currently consulting with broadcasters to identify the list of ?self-help? sites to be upgraded to digital for announcement in the first half of 2010.

I read in the paper today in the TV section that Top Gear was something new (for nine that is) to watch and that it said Shane Warne would head up the Aussie Spin off.

Either they're old school, or that's BS, or we don't know something that they do.

I read in the paper today in the TV section that Top Gear was something new (for nine that is) to watch and that it said Shane Warne would head up the Aussie Spin off.

Either they're old school, or that's BS, or we don't know something that they do.

:lol: My mum just read that out to me as well... Hopefully it's the Herald Sun being old school. If not, bye bye TGA.

Yes yes good news indeed.... thanks for posting all that, but still no CH9 (WIN) until they decide to broadcast out here !

Did you not read my post?

You will be getting access to all the digital channels through satellites.

Not for a while though. That press release is Ruddspeak for 'It's an idea that came up in our focus group, and since it fits the criteria of a 'broadband revolution', we'll make an announcement and perhaps make it happen by the start of our second term."