Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

Austar carries the digital free-to-air channels too I think.

I read in the paper today in the TV section that Top Gear was something new (for nine that is) to watch and that it said Shane Warne would head up the Aussie Spin off.

Either they're old school, or that's BS, or we don't know something that they do.

God, please let it be old news.

It's the bloody Nine alpha-male credo again. They simply can't have normal people present anything.

And representing the normal person is the underlying TopGear credo.

Nine and TopGear have diametrically opposed philosophies.

I'm surprised they don't get Sam Newman to host. He could test which model ferrari is best to be driven over with by an angry girlfriend.

I'm surprised they don't get Sam Newman to host. He could test which model ferrari is best to be driven over with by an angry girlfriend.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but given his race experience he'd actually be a better choice than most anyone else at Nine. Certainly Warnie.

Here's a wacky thought (I'm pre-coffee, and sleep deprived between two 43C days) if you had Grant Denyer, Warren Brown and Sam Newman you could almost emulate the stereotypes of the real TopGear.

I'm sure I'll read this back and cringe. :O)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but given his race experience he'd actually be a better choice than most anyone else at Nine. Certainly Warnie.

Here's a wacky thought (I'm pre-coffee, and sleep deprived between two 43C days) if you had Grant Denyer, Warren Brown and Sam Newman you could almost emulate the stereotypes of the real TopGear.

Unfortunately.... I'm going to agree with you. Denyer is very much Hammond (over-enthusiastic) Warren is James and Sam (I can't believe I'm going to type this) is almost like Jeremy (opinionated and at times derogatory towards women.)

I've a feeling that I could get my first neg rep for this.

I've a feeling that I could get my first neg rep for this.

If you do I'll counteract it, since I seeded the whole notion. :) Not fair for you.

I can actually see Sam fighting against the speed cameras and senseless motoring bureaucracy like Clarkson does.

Oh NO! I've been sucked into the Nine celebrity vortex!!! :?

I like Sam Newman.

Me too. I was just waiting for someone else to say it first. :D

He has owned some awesome cars, he says what he thinks without sugar coating it and he doesn't pander to the politically correct.

Very much like Jeremy Clarkson.

Me too. I was just waiting for someone else to say it first. :D

He has owned some awesome cars, he says what he thinks without sugar coating it and he doesn't pander to the politically correct.

Very much like Jeremy Clarkson.

Couldn't possibly use him - he likes AFL!

I'm still holding out hope that they'll keep Steve, Warren and James.

Makes the most sense.

I imagine they'd have to agree to join the 'Firm' and become part of the Nine family with all the things that their contract would entail. Depends a lot whether they would want to loose some independency.

For all we know, they may have been asked and declined. Golden handcuffs are handcuffs all the same.

;)

Not sure about you guys, but some of the previews on 9 have had someone commentating over the clips, .........cause we don't understand "English"? :blink:

My misses picked it up as well and said "WTF?"

Channel nine must be loving all the comments on their website. :lol:

That has absolutely made my day.

Woe be-told the poor soul who enabled the comments on the website. Hahahaha. How do they explain THAT at the next production meeting?

:)

I actually do agree with this, however I can not +rep as I have done so too much in the past 24 hours.

I like Sam Newman.

I agree, he can be funny. Most people don't think so, but there are some moments of humour, or points he raises, that I feel are good.

Oh god I laughed hard, I expected that, but to see it on their site, hahaha.

1. I don't mind Sam Newman, he's actually the only one on the Footy Show that talks sense (not that I haven't seen it in a year or so)

2. A Newman, Denyer and Brown line-up wouldn't be that bad, but

3. Keeping the TGA 3 is a convenient and easier option

4. A big lol for the comments at the nine site.

End of this year for Regional SA. Though you could always get a sat dish now and try to get a card that's enabled for Imparja.

My Mum lives on the Yorke Pen and we realised today that her VCR will be bin fodder at the end of this year. Like every other VCR in the area. PVR time.

My Mum lives on the Yorke Pen and we realised today that her VCR will be bin fodder at the end of this year. Like every other VCR in the area. PVR time.

Not if you hook up a separate set-top box directly to it and select the AV Channel. :p Thats what I've done, just that it wont record in widescreen. <_<

Unfortunately.... I'm going to agree with you. Denyer is very much Hammond (over-enthusiastic) Warren is James and Sam (I can't believe I'm going to type this) is almost like Jeremy

You know, on paper ... a Newman/Brown/Denyer team kinda resembles a Clarkson/May/Hammond team. Having said this, one could argue that an Aston Martin DB9 and a Kia Koup kinda resemble each other because they are both 4 seater coupes with an internal combustion engine. There's one key difference: one has a long tradition and pedigree of fine craftsmanship; the other is cheap and nasty and totally lacks credibility.

What makes me laugh is that someone at ninemsn.com.au is APPROVING the comments to be published! I wonder how long it will be until that person gets 'boned'? :rofl:

Last edited: