Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

What makes me laugh is that someone at ninemsn.com.au is APPROVING the comments to be published! I wonder how long it will be until that person gets 'boned'?
I want to see the ones they don't approve.

Surely they have to announce something soon? It is a month until Top Gear Live and Nine will have got the rights to Top Gear in a week once SBS finish with it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they started running it the week after Top Gear Live against 7two's Fifth Gear on Thursday at 7:30. That gives them about a month to plug the show. Once UK Top Gear is back on and suitably bastardised they can start making trailers for Top Gear Australia.

Incidentally (and completely off topic), GOOD NEWS - Australian Idol has reportedly been canceled.

Once the ratings season resumes Nine will be leaping into the Winter Olympics. They have not announced the return dates of any of their regular shows yet, even though Seven and Ten both have. Presumably everything will be waiting until after the Winter Olympics.

From an SBS promotion email...

"SBS SAYS GOODBYE TO TOP GEAR

After five years of destroying caravans, attempting to demolish a Hi-Lux and insulting each other, and everyone else for that matter, the curtain will finally come down at SBS on Australia's favourite motoring entertainment program Top Gear.

So don?t miss the last episode of Top Gear on SBS as Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and The Stig make their final appearance Monday, 18 January, at 7.30pm."

Wah. :(

And with that, last night nine showed a "sneak peek" of stuff from season 14, along with a message from the boys telling us they're on this channel. (whether we like it or not)

(whether we like it or not)

Did they say that? Would be true to form for Jeremy, but maybe to much humor for Channel Nine from what i gathered.

Did they say that? Would be true to form for Jeremy, but maybe to much humor for Channel Nine from what i gathered.

No they didn't unfortunately. They were just very cheerful about being on a new channel.

stiggie, I saw the preview on Wednesday night.

edit: Here it is

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2pSaVE4hIg[/youtube]

Last edited:
I hate this, even though I have every single episode downloaded. I think Channel Nine is going to ruin Top Gear because it is not a show they would put on the air. SBS did a better show at broadcasting it. But the only problem with SBS was they cut out bits of the show to put in the ads!
This is a bad idea. :(

I hate this, even though I have every single episode downloaded. I think Channel Nine is going to ruin Top Gear because it is not a show they would put on the air. SBS did a better show at broadcasting it. But the only problem with SBS was they cut out bits of the show to put in the ads!
This is a bad idea. :(

SBS didn't cut the episodes. They could only show what was given to them by BBC Worldwide.

^ Yep, Exactly.

I think that may have been posted earlier in this thread :rolleyes:

It's great that Top gear will now reach a wider audience!, the more TG fans the better :D

Nine would get a lot of plus points if they showed the whole episodes. BBC make an musically edited version with nothing cut for iTunes, no reason they can't show that one. It would be funny if we only see some of those things in the preview as part of the preview (especially the news).

Did anyone else see the M classification in that preview? 8:30 timeslot anyone?

It's great that Top gear will now reach a wider audience!, the more TG fans the better :D

No, it just means that bogans will start watching it en masse. :mad:

And, as much as I love the TG3, they are shithouse actors. I wasn't convinced that they were that excited about the idea of going to Nein.