Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

SBS have been showing James and Richard's other shows for a couple of years now, like James May's 20th Century and that engineering show Richard did.

Geez ... Nein are flogging the shit out of TG. It's on again tonight @ 7:30. I wonder if this is Nein's attempt to take viewers from SBS and James May's Top Toys?

So ... thanks to Nein, we are getting badly butchered TG 4 times a week. I can see Australians getting sick of TG, which is a shame. :(

Geez ... Nein are flogging the shit out of TG. It's on again tonight @ 7:30. I wonder if this is Nein's attempt to take viewers from SBS and James May's Top Toys?

So ... thanks to Nein, we are getting badly butchered TG 4 times a week. I can see Australians getting sick of TG, which is a shame. :(

Knowing the dog cunts at Nine, I dare say so.

Geez ... Nein are flogging the shit out of TG. It's on again tonight @ 7:30. I wonder if this is Nein's attempt to take viewers from SBS and James May's Top Toys?(

Nope. Its Nine's attempt to make sure that GO! beats 7TWO. Which of the digital-only "multichannels" beats the other can really affect whether Nine or Seven wins the night. Its working too. TopGear was the highest rating programme from all the multichannels last night. Together with The Big Bang Theory (the second highest rating from the multichannels), GO! kicked 7TWO's arse.

To their credit, Nine have not edited TopGear since the debut night. They are now showing the full international versions. The same as SBS were showing.

Nope. Its Nine's attempt to make sure that GO! beats 7TWO.

That doesn't explain why Nein are showing TG on Friday nights as well as Tuesday nights.

I'm expecting GO! to start showing TG every night of the week within 4 weeks. Of course, they'll not bother telling anyone until the last second - the only way I'll know is when I tune in to watch Seinfeld only to be greeted by Clarkson.

And whilst Nein may not be tampering as badly with the BBC Worldwide version of TG as they originally did, the amount of ads they put in (as well as where and how they put the ads in) sure makes TG feel like it's being butchered.

Had Nein bought TG in the first place instead of SBS, and if we didn't have the internet, we'd accept their handling of TG as being normal. That's why we put up with endless Simpsons reruns on Ten despite the fact they are just as badly butchered as TG on Nein. I think we've all had a very high bars set for ourselves with TG thanks to FinalGear and, to a lesser extent, SBS. I guess as long as Nein's interpretation of TG is enough to hold the typical bogan in the street's attention between ad breaks, they don't care. :|

Last edited:
Oh, do you mean that it was on Nine (not GO!) last night? We had Friday Night Football over here in NSW and Qld.

Was it a repeat?

And what does Nine usually show on Friday nights during the footy season?

Oh, do you mean that it was on Nine (not GO!) last night? We had Friday Night Football over here in NSW and Qld.

Was it a repeat?

10x05.

And what does Nine usually show on Friday nights during the footy season?

Motorway Patrol, or something similar.

GO! is showing 5x01. In 4:3. :barf:

I recall SBS showing this in 16:9. This is bullshit. :mad:

Don't like it? Don't watch it, simple and easy as that.

Which is why I normally don't watch TG on Nein or GO! I just happened to catch it the other night by accident.

Anyone that says that TG moving from SBS to Nein is a good thing is either a Nein employee or fucked in the head. It's as simple as that.

Which is why I normally don't watch TG on Nein or GO! I just happened to catch it the other night by accident.

Anyone that says that TG moving from SBS to Nein is a good thing is either a Nein employee or fucked in the head. It's as simple as that.

I haven't actually heard anybody say that yet.

Or seen it written.