Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

05x02 is on right now and it is in 16:9.

I can't imagine why 05x01 was 4:3, but it seems to have been a one-off.

WTF? Salt flats episode next week instead of the Bolivia special????

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

Seeing that there will be no new House and NCIS episodes for the next two weeks, same seems to be true for the US, by the way.

Last night the Bolivian special reached 1.73 million viewers, thrashing Seven's series premiere of Australia's Got Talent and giving TopGear its highest ratings ever here in Australia. Seven were promoting their show very heavily and the addition of Kyle Sandilands to the judging panel was expected to bring in extra viewers. Despite drawing such a large audience, TopGear won't win the week. Sunday's premiere of series 3 of Underbelly scored a massive 2.23 million.

A great comment from one of my FB mates...

"G wonders if the negotiations Channel Nine undertook to get Top Gear simply involved buying a DVD box set from Amazon !!!!"\

Here! Here! :)

A great comment from one of my FB mates...

"G wonders if the negotiations Channel Nine undertook to get Top Gear simply involved buying a DVD box set from Amazon !!!!"\

Here! Here! :)

I'm half expecting a jabba introduction on some of the episodes

Have the useless twits at Nine shown all 7 episodes of season 14 yet ?
There was a story in the Sunday Herald Sun a few weeks ago that mentioned Nine have copped a lot of complaints because they'd only shown 5 of the S14 episodes in about 12 weeks.

I'm almost certain ep 7 (the cheapo ep) hasn't been aired yet.All my friends who are casual viewers are getting fed up too with nine constanly advertising an "all new!!!" ep then showing what is technically a repeat (yeah, it's new to nine, but still...). They are all now asking for my copies of all the eps plus copies when they come out in the Uk. Well done 9 is all i can say. Even my steadfast "I'll wait for the Aussie screenings" friends are caving.

Its on next tuesday.

David Knox over at TVtonight.com.au said:
Top Gear fans take note?

A first run episode will play next Tuesday, June 1st. It has not been played on SBS before.

Episode 7 of S14 is the last ?new? episode in Nine?s library, all others have been played on Australian television.

According to Wikipedia the synopsis includes: ?Clarkson?s ?low-budget? worldwide review on the BMW X6, May and Margaret Calvert reflect on the evolution of road signs in Britain, Top Gear Awards 2009.?

Last edited:
It's a shame the ABC doesn't have a big enough budget to get the best BBC shows anymore so we can watch them without ads

*cough* Doctor Who *cough*

Sorry I should have said best BBC shows for grown ups :) sounds like a nasty cold, better get that seen to!

It's classified as a family show, thankyou very much, making it suitable for all ages to watch (with some sneaky in-jokes occasionally thrown in for adults that idiotic losers then complain to Ofcom about :mad:)

(and I do actually hav a cold, no coughing though thank god! Just no voice and a really sore throat :()

Even Doctor Who is only bought in standard definition. The ABC doesn't fork out for the HD version.

Good point, actually. Kinda annoying, given how it's one of their biggest non-news/current affairs prgrams.

Well it won't matter soon anyway. ABC HD will be becoming ABC News 24 in July. Then none of the main channel's programming will available in HD.

Here's an question I'm not sure has been asked.

Because James Morrison appears on Hey Hey it's Wednesday, does that mean he has a current contract with Ch9? Interesting.