Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

God I hope the Herald Sun know what they're talking about!!!

Ashes?? Well, it's the right time for them to do such a show. Our cricket or rugby teams should provide plenty of fodder for Clarkson's jibes.

Presumably, they were holding off until they could arrange to get the complete episodes. We are now the only country other than the UK that gets the unedited version.

Not totally unedited. The music is different. For example, they changed out the A-Team theme in the Reliant piece. That would account to the four week delay before it gets to us here Oz.

That would be bloody annoying for the producers, having to do a alternate audio mix whilst working on current episodes.

That was shoddy work by Nine.They chopped out Richards introduction to James volcano bit.I think they also chopped out the bit in the news where they showed the cooking things that connect to exhaust pipes.

I think they also chopped out the bit in the news where they showed the cooking things that connect to exhaust pipes.

Yep they did, even my 8 y/o lad noticed that one.

The networks (ABC & SBS included) just can't help themselves & have to tinker with everything from scheduling to program edits. They seem to go out of their way to piss people off - just leave it all alone. Even the Daily Show on ABC2 gets edited to remove the throws to the ad breaks (as they run it straight through), but the "welcome back" kind of gives it away. I know that may seem rather minor, but there is often a bit of comedy gold in the throw to the break.

I just upgraded my TPG connection to unlimited so I'm simply not going to worry about all this stuff any more.

The networks (ABC & SBS included) just can't help themselves & have to tinker with everything from scheduling to program edits. They seem to go out of their way to piss people off - just leave it all alone. Even the Daily Show on ABC2 gets edited to remove the throws to the ad breaks (as they run it straight through), but the "welcome back" kind of gives it away. I know that may seem rather minor, but there is often a bit of comedy gold in the throw to the break.

I just upgraded my TPG connection to unlimited so I'm simply not going to worry about all this stuff any more.

They do that with the Colbert Report too. Annoys the hell out of me, it really disconnects you from the show and I don't know why but it's not fun. Also it's on a digital channel and therefore widescreen by default but they get the 4:3 version. Such a waste of time, if they can directly import the US version there is no argument not to. In fact it's kind of pointless otherwise.

So when does the Ch 9 series actually start ?
Does anyone know who the presenters are?

Sorry I didnt dig thru the last 29 pages for the answers...

^ I thought I saw (somewhere) that TGA would start after the current Top Gear series had concluded ... so in 4 or 5 weeks.

Thanks for that guys.
And so the other hosts from SBS just got the flick..?

Hopefully 'Kenny' wont be too prominent.

The hosts are
- Shane Jacobson [Kenny]
- Steve Pizzati [SBS TGA]
- Ewen Page [TG Magazine editor-in-chief]

Shane Jacobson in 3AW, only talks about TG for the first few minutes:
[video=youtube;rpxT-60hU80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpxT-60hU80[/video]