Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

Not long now.
Fuck I hate how Channel 9 craps on about Top Gear (Aus and UK).

I don't mind Shane Warne when it comes to cricket, and only cricket.
Anything else and he's more wooden than a tree.
...or the frame of the Morgan they show him driving in the ad -_-

Last edited:
Sorry zegga... I was working on putting in the oval disk the falcon's sitting on... and they gutted the entire front half of that corolla. No engine, no gearbox, nothing under the hood.

Bastards. It was a nice looking thing too!

Oh well at least the car is still intact. I would have lobbed the 4k and 4speed in favour of a 5 speed and 2T-G/4ag anyway.

ch9 hates cars, actually they hate good shows. They always stuffed around the F1, all their previous 'car review' shows were crap.
They always broadcast the good TV shows they had at random odd late hours too. I mean random as in different time slots each week or not showing them at all certain weeks.
I was sad when ch9 got the rights to au TG, not because of the product (it's pretty good actually), or the ads, but because of how they would treat it, ie deliver to fans wanting to watch it regularly at scheduled times. Also because of the ratings, the show might suffer as the casual fan gets sick of random showings, ads and schedule changes and just get the torrent, so lower ratings may kill the series just because or ch9's arseholery stopping people watching and waiting for the torrent.

Last edited:
As someone of advanced age (47) I still remember the way they stuffed around with Star Trek 35 or so years ago late nights after rubbish like pot black. Many good shows since have been treated the same heck, I also liked the original CSI but this new trend of constant repeats sickened me of it (when you realise the ep you are watching is on for the 3rd or 4th time).
As for TGA, series 3 was much better than the previous 2, as a long term viewer of TGUK I do have to say it did take them a while, Season 1 was weak and the big guy was quickly replaced by May in season 2.
Given our location (far from the Super Car manufacturers of Europe) TGA was always going to struggle, but as of tonight it seems to have vanished from the schedule completely ep 03 2 weeks and none for next Tuesday either.

I do have to add, if it does return please please no more Warnie!

If you look at the list of Celebrity drivers listed on Shane Jacobson's website, there is still one that hasn't gone to air.

I like the Australian version. I feel that there is a place for it alongside the UK version. It has matured quite a bit since series one, episode one. I believe that there is a lot of potential left to exploit in the Aussie show, and hosts. Hell, the worst ratings it has got on channel Nine are still better than the best rating it got on SBS.

The mismanagement, and messed up scheduling from Nine may just fuck things up completely.

If the Top Gear brand were to go shopping for another Australian network to air the UK and Aussie shows, I would happily follow. At least SBS had some respect for the fans.

I have tried to be open minded, ever since the move to Nine was announced. I love the show, but the Nine network is fucked. They treat their audience like shit.

its been said before that nine go for the lowest common denominator. i know lots of people who find themselves tg "fans" only after seeing an ad-infested s15e01 on 9

Yeah, I was there for that filming.