Top Gear Australia - Upside Down Picture

leadfoot13

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T
Why is the picture of the guys of Top Gear Australia on the homepage of FG upside down? Bad attempt at humor being Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere, so they are backwards?

Have you ever heard of going down under?

Yes, it's supposed to be humurous, and I got a laugh out of it the first I saw it.

Yeah, I have, for as long as I have seen it like that, I figured as much. I got a little chuckle out of it.

Everyone knows people walk on the ceiling in Australia.

^ No no no, you've got it all wrong - we walk on the floor, you lot walk on the ceiling

Reactions: L2D
:blink:I thought in Australia, the ceilings walk on the people :blink:

No no, you are getting your country stereotypes confused now. What you describe is the scenario in Russia. ;)

I assumed it was meant to refer to the 'antipodes' i.e. being on the other side of the world. I didn't really like it either but not enough to start a thread.

You guys are too serious / sensitive. It's just a joke. Yeesh.

They even made a gay song about the issue
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I believe a rather Australian phrase needs to be said, and by an Australian too.

Harden the fuck up.

I mean the people whinging about that picture, harden the fuck up.

It's just a little picture, and a joke at that too.

Why isn't the picture up side down any more????? It was a great idea and it made me smile each time i saw it!

Why isn't the picture up side down any more????? It was a great idea and it made me smile each time i saw it!
Because it was showing the wrong hosts.

make it upside-down again!!! ...please?