• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Top Gear Automated Downloader

XZILER8

As I was wasting time waiting for the next season of Top Gear, I was wondering if any tech savv people on this forum may want to consider making a Top Gear aggregator, so that Videora or anything such as that could automatically download the .torrent from mininova.org as soon as it is released. I do not have much in the way of computer programming knowledge, but if anyone is, I am sure it would be greatly appreciated if a more automated procedure could be created.

My source of inspiration/tools possibly needed:

Videora - http://www.videora.com/en-us/
Mininova - http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=top+gear (maybe it could look for updated/new files under 400mb)

So, maybe the Final Gear community could get involved, pull together the resources to have some program that you could leave running the night of the release, and it would look on Mininova, download the newest file under 400mb, and start downloading it.

It's just an idea, I am sorry for the long post, but I am sure it would be greatly appreciated, and might speed up the process of everyone getting their Top Gear ASAP.

Thank you for anyone willing to take on the challenge. I would do it myself, but I have no idea how much of this stuff works. :)

Yeah, I love Videora...except I can never get it to work! :p

That is probably because I am dumb (like I can never get those cool Samurize desktop things to work :cry: ), so if anyone can help out it would be great (both with this and Samurize :p )

It is great, in theory. Friends of mine do the same kind of thing with another program, but I can't remember what it is called.

I had been working on one before, but then the BBC sent a C&D, so I stopped work on it.

Then, within the past couple days, I had started working on it again, but this time using Mininova as a torrent host. However, currently what I'm doing with the site is linking to a page that just happens to have a torrent download link, i.e. I'm not actually linking to any torrents directly.

With the feed, I'd have to. So, I'm still debating on what to do.

Yes, TVTAD is a torrent auto-downloader. It's what I use for TV.

BTW - a new version (1.00) is being worked on and will support multiple feeds among other things. I'm beta testing it currently and it kicks ass. :)