Top Gear Challenges

transtek

mexico-land of tequila and big hats (but secretly
Car(s)
Nissan Pathfinder, Chevrolet Monza, Ninja 600
Just to report that tonight (Sunday) there is an hour-long special of Top Gear Challenges on BBC2, followed by Petrolheads with May and Murray, so if anyone has anyway of recoridng them, please do, and I'll be more than willing to help with the seeding once its torrented!

Tis true:
Evo7 said:
There is one this sunday dedicated to the challenges

Best of Top Gear: The Challenges
9:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC2

Highlights from the last series with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. Compilation of the best ever challenges sees the boys go 70's retro in supercars; Jeremy takes on a tank in a Range Rover Sport; Richard tries to outsprint a champion greyhound in the Mazda MX5; James takes on a BMX biker around Lisbon in the new Renault Clio; and the best convertible for wig wearers is revealed.

They do like their Best Of programmes, don't they. :lol:
Its still re-run material but at least it follows a sort of theme. This is the second Best of episode they've run. Usually they only do one. I guess they had available slots because of the seriously short S7.

I want a 2 hour long best of with all 4 big races in it, with extra edited out scenes. That would be the greatest slice of Top Gear ever.

It would be nice though if they added even small scenes that they cut to make the 1 hour format, to these best of episodes.

Re: bloopers

Re: bloopers

stig_fever2409 said:
mgkdk said:
jensked said:
i want more bloopers :)

x2 :D

me too!!! you do get some bloopers on the free dvd in the march edition of the magazine. The best of Revved up i think the dvd's called. :thumbsup:
Yep, there were bloopers in the Revved up DVD and you can download them here :)

I really want more bloopers and unseen footage...surely theres more that they can show us!!

What the hell? The best of Top Gear was meant to be on at 9pm on BBC2 right? Before Petrolheads? As was listed in the TV listing on the bbc site.

It's some bullshit program about faith with a guy in a wheelchair. Who fucking cares?

This is the second Best of episode they've run

Actually this was the fourth, according to my TV guide anyway. The first I didn't watch, the second (I think) was the M6/911/AMV8 Isle of Man bit plus some other things, then there was I think another one, then there was the Olympic special, and now this one.

GraemeH said:
What the hell? The best of Top Gear was meant to be on at 9pm on BBC2 right? Before Petrolheads? As was listed in the TV listing on the bbc site.

It's some bullshit program about faith with a guy in a wheelchair. Who fucking cares?

If you're in Scotland, BBC Scotland are showing that as opposed to Top Gear.

If you're elsewhere, I have no explanation.

That would explain it. Oh well, i'll just watch the segments from the original episodes in place i guess :p

This has just come up on my private torrent site. This synopsis is given.

Highlights from the last series with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond
and James May. Compilation of the best ever challenges sees the boys
go 70's retro in supercars; Jeremy takes on a tank in a Range Rover
Sport; Richard tries to outsprint a champion greyhound in the Mazda
MX5; James takes on a BMX biker around Lisbon in the new Renault Clio;
and the best convertible for wig wearers is revealed.

Has the best convertible bit been on before? I know they had a similar segment a couple of seasons ago, but they talked about wanting volunteers for a segment but I thought it never went anywhere.

Please don't tell me I have to download 700MB to see one short segment that has pretty much been done before.

I was wondering about the convertible part as well.... I hope someone here as seen it and can tell us if it is indeed new. :roll:

About the toupes? Yes, it was on.

They wanted volunteers for a segment about combovers, not toupees. The toupee bit compared a TVR (T350c?) to a Mercedes CLK with a wind barrier, as well as three different types of toupee.

Labcoatguy said:
They wanted volunteers for a segment about combovers, not toupees. The toupee bit compared a TVR (T350c?) to a Mercedes CLK with a wind barrier, as well as three different types of toupee.

Ah, you are right, sorry my mistake. :oops:

i woud like to see how they would cope with buying a family car for under ?500, and then spending no more than ?250 to modify that car to do over 50 miles per gallon. I think there would be a lot of people interested in this in the current state of the uk econnomy. And they could sell the cars at the end. the winner would be the one that did 1 point for every mile over 50 and 1 point for every pound profit. If you think thats a good idea please post a reply in support.