Top Gear China?

I wonder if Bulgarian is any easier or harder for the Chinese to learn than english? I always heard that English is one of the hardest languages to learn for the Chinese, and vise-versa.

There's some funny grammar going on but I haven't seen anyone whose posts are not understandable. Where's somesay when you need him?

Yeah, but how many Bulgarians are there in English-speaking countries, compared to the Chinese speakers that make an effort to get out there? Most native and un-discerning English speakers lump all the Eastern European accents under the umbrella of "Russian" anyway.

Probably not as many in terms of numbers, but percentage-wise probably a lot more.

That was not the point though. I was simply making a joke, and now we have managed to turn this into a discussion on which country has the better English skills.

i am from Hong Kong as well
yes, Top Gear UK is the best
but as more and more episode of the US show came out, i really give them some hope on it
I think the US show will become better and better as time goes on

for TG China, in commercial point of view, this show will be huge
the rating should be crazy high, so they will spend even more money on the show than TG UK and have even more crazier ideas and cars to show, but of course the one thing i m worried about is the stupid government regulations may interfere some of the quality bit that we love from UK, "oh cock"

^ Some say he drove all the way during the long march and that he can stop a column of tanks with a bag of groceries.

I?m a Chinese here, and I've never been heard anything about TG china. I also do not believe that CCTV will buy TG china.
From the pic, I have some bad feelings about the hosts, I don?t know why, but I just think TG china will not be a good show.
I?m always expecting that there will be a CHINA special or what, but I insist that Chinese car history is pretty short, I think maybe some televisions could buy TG UK, that?s enough, but TG china, it is not a right time yet.

Last edited:
I?m a Chinese here, and I've never been heard anything about TG china. I also do not believe that CCTV will buy TG china.
From the pic, I have some bad feelings about the hosts, I don?t know why, but I just think TG china will not be a good show.
I?m always expecting that there will be a CHINA special or what, but I insist that Chinese car history is pretty short, I think maybe some televisions could buy TG UK, that?s enough, but TG china, it is not a right time yet.

honestly, i have no confidence in hunan tv. Only thing they were "good" at was being a copycat.

hi, i'm a Chinese, finalgear.com is fine with the internet filter here. plus, i have searched many chinese webs but there are nothing abt the TG chinese version, and i don't think CCTV had announce they have anything to do with TG China. However, since there are pictures, and China has become world's largest automotive market and second largest performance car market, i believe TG China could be on its way.

This won't work, there wouldn't be any fat old balding man with pubes for hair jokes.

They tried doing a similar thing a few years back but it didn't work well.

Ah I see that now on Discovery (I guess Wikipedia has its uses afterall lol). I don't suppose there are any rips of this around? I'd be curious to see what it was like.

Could it be Top Gear Korea?? Cause, Top Gear UK a while back dedicated a portion of their news to Korean and Australian cars because Top Gear TV rights had been bought for those countries??

I've seen every epsiode of TGUSA, and while it did greatly improve as the season went on, its still not needed. Why not sell the orginal show to an American network, cut a bit out for adverts, and maybe record one or two "Americanized" or Aussie, or Chinese, or whatever studio segments.

I'm guessing because it is one of the "anchor" shows for BBC America.

Could it be Top Gear Korea?? Cause, Top Gear UK a while back dedicated a portion of their news to Korean and Australian cars because Top Gear TV rights had been bought for those countries??

Those are not Korean characters (Hangul) on the wall, so I would say no.

Last edited:
Anorexic Stig?