Top Gear comfirmed for June 22nd

11 days, hold it in!

New series is coming up sooner than I though. June is turning out to be a brilliant month!

Just listened to the 10th June edition of the Gareth Jones on Speed podcast and about 12 minutes in TG Script editor Richard Porter gives quite a lot of info on the series. And Final Gear gets a quick namecheck "for listeners outside the UK".

Sorry to drag this up again, but in the biscuit advert, what is in front of the Stig? A jelly or something. Impossible to tell from the Youtube version.

Warning, post may contain spoilers......Sorry......

on the top gear site u see the stig doing a lap in I think the Ferrari F430 scuderia. I timed him on 1:21,4 sec..... that's really quick!

Last edited:
The official BBC site has been updated with a slightly more detailed preview at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/seriespreview.shtml

BBC Top Gear site said:
Top Gear returns to your screens on Sunday 22 June for a brand new series. There's no snooker, darts or ladies lawn bowling championships to interrupt the fun - just Jeremy, Richard, James and six episodes of motoring mayhem, revving up for your viewing pleasure.

Along with the usual blend of motoring news, celebrity interviews, stunts and challenges, we'll be unveiling our latest epic international race, and even introducing a new member of the Top Gear family.

If that wasn't enough to whet your appetite, here are a few more highlights from the new series?

* Power tests featuring the Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Alfa Romeo 8C and Mercedes CLK Black, to name but a few.
* Richard Hammond pays tribute to 50 years of touring car racing.
* Jeremy and James go head to head in their very own luxury limos from yesteryear.
* Fox hunting gets a makeover, Top Gear-style.
* The latest versions of the Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Evo fight it out for car park bragging rights.
* Top Gear takes on its German rival and meets up with an old friend in the process.
* The 572bhp Audi RS6 goes skiing, sort of.

So, clear your schedule, disconnect the phone, or at the very least set your recorder, because Top Gear is back.

Six brand new episodes, starting Sunday 22 June, 8pm BBC Two

Hammonds tribute to 50 years of touring car racing could be gd, i predict that it involves a lot of crashes though

I mentioned before that I'm surprised there isn't a new look, wide layout re-design of the new Top Gear - I just blogged about it and because I like pictures to illustrate points I spent 20 minutes knocking up a quick mock of what I think the current site would look like in the new wide templates.

tg_mock.jpg

Just thought I'd share it here so it can be moved over quickly :)

Damn, that's nice!

Mock something up for us! :p

Damn, that's nice!

Mock something up for us! :p

First I have to say that I like the current layout of finalgear because it is simple to navigate and loads quickly and accurately in both Firefox and MS Exploder, but I think a bit of updating would be nice.

Now my graphic design and code monkey days are also long behind me but I wonder if there aren't a few designer/coder types who would love a chance to add a new finalgear to their resume. Why not have a contest to freshen the current site using existing (or only slightly modified) graphics? Viper sets the constraints and along with user feedback picks the winner who gets some swag, a ton of reputation points, a resume item, and credit on the site.

Just to keep this post on topic, if Series 11 can maintain the momentum of Series 10 it will be Epic. If it doesn't it still will be the best most original programming on TV.

Their FinalGear watcher must be keeping an eye on things here, because this bit is in the latest tidbit from the TG website:

"James introduces TG's newest team member, but don't worry, despite what the message boards are saying, the new character isn't replacing any of the presenters."

More in backstage news, most of it stuff we've already seen before:

TopGear.com said:
It felt like a long time since the last series of Top Gear, but the boys were back filming at the studio yesterday and all was right with the world again.

And if they pack as much into each Sunday night as they're about to this weekend, then it will all have been worth the wait.

In the first show of the new series, Jeremy, Richard and James dispense top tips on fuel consumption - who said they don't do proper consumer advice? - and The Stig gets back to what he does best: power testing Ferrari's awesome 430 Scuderia.

It's quicker around Maranello than the Enzo, so how will it do on the test track?

James introduces TG's newest team member, but don't worry, despite what the message boards are saying, the new character isn't replacing any of the presenters.

And the big film at the end of the show sees a new challenge being laid down for them; can they build better police cars than the real ones, while at the same time saving the taxpayers' money? They only get a thousand pounds mind.

There's also a change to the regular Star in a Reasonably Priced Car format that sees the double team of the Sunday Night Project's Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr trying their best to be the, erm, best.

So get your cushions plumped up and your favourite mug at the ready - or at least set your Sky+ box - for the new series of Top Gear that kicks off at 8pm on Sunday June 22 on BBC Two.

http://topgear.com/content/news/stories/2966/