Top Gear coming to Qu?bec (Canada's french province)

in... FRENCH!? you mean... they're going to do a french sync? uuugh... that must be either brilliantly funny or really really horrible... or both at the same time! ... ever! ... in the world!

Enjoy? ENJOY?? You must be kidding me. I'll never forget it when I saw MacGyver in german. Top Gear in french must be even worse.

What was wrong with subtitles?

how are you going to translate Clarkson and May's use of the english language? mind you i wouldn't mind learning what 'oh cock' is in other languages.

Would love to see a clip when it comes out of the boy's badly dubbed voices.
Whats French for powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and oh cock.

Whats French for powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and oh cock.
powerrrrrrrrr=puissssssssance :p
oh cock=oh coq :mrgreen:
anyway I don't think this would be the only synchronized TG in the World.
How they watch TG in Germany? I highly doubt they use a title bar, this would be so....ungerman

The jokes and innuendo just won't work in the language, which along with the fact that Canadians (who aren't TG fans watching it in English already) probably won't get the jokes even if they do translate. Just like Germans.

Anyway if it's anything like the Zero Punctuation translation of 'Fuck off' (non merci ;)) then it'll be a flop anyway. What they really need is the TG trio doing the dubbing, reading everything out how it's spelt without a cheesy French/Canadian accent that most dubbing has.

It is going to be ridiculous if they dub it, and it will be a flop if they use subtitles.

The target audience of that TV station will never go for it.

I'll watch it, at least once, just to see how bad it is. But I affraid it's going to set a new standard for failure, which is a shame considering how good the original material is.

Oh noes, not a french dubbing, it will be so shitty. Especially with the Canadian's version of French, which is scary...

When they sell Top Gear in GT5 Prologue in France, they use subtitles, not dubbing. And it nearly works, the translation is not always accurate but at least you can hear Clarkson shouting "powwwwwwer" and not "puissssssance" :-D

Should be funny just for the translation. Cant wait to hear what "Cheese-eating surrender-monkey" sounds like in French :p

Come to think of it, im curious as to how they are gonna translate ALL the French insults. Should be interesting.

I just remembered that russian top gear... if it's anywhere near as horrible as that, it might even turn out to be quite fun, really :p

This makes me really, really happy :)

I love Top Gear, and I love French. Parisian French is very different from Quebec French, but I rarely have time to practice it because there are no good shows (at least that I've found) in Quebec French.

Though, even if it is crappy, I can just enjoy staring at the TG3 while they speak in French :wicked:

This makes me really, really happy :)

I love Top Gear, and I love French. Parisian French is very different from Quebec French, but I rarely have time to practice it because there are no good shows (at least that I've found) in Quebec French.

Though, even if it is crappy, I can just enjoy staring at the TG3 while they speak in French :wicked:

One show in Quebec French I can recommend to you is "Minuit le soir".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minuit,_le_soir

It ran for 3 seasons from 2005 until 2007, and is now available on DVD.

http://www.amazon.ca/Minuit-le-soir-Seasons-1-3/dp/B000WGNJDC

Last edited: