Top Gear Confidential

CruzBullit

Car(s)
Bike?
I watched for the first time a Doctor Who Confidential episode... All I could think of was why doesn't Top Gear have this!?!? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see a behind the scenes series on they do things.Throw in some footage that never made it into the final cut, some interviews with the crew.

How much would cost for the BBC to hire a crew to do this? Maybe cut an episode out of the series to cover the costs? I'm sure it would get good ratings.

If any series needs it, it's Top Gear.

There is the yearly "behind the scenes" featurette on Jezza's DVDs, which traditionally feature most of TG's tech crew. I've seen the ones from "Duel" and "Supercar Showdown", which are available on the FTPs, they are quite entertaining.

They also used to post bits of the news that didn't make the final edit onto the website. Wish they'd do that again although these days the news section feels so scripted they probably write it to length and don't ad lib. Shame as it was much funnier when they used to do that.

I'd think they have a basic idea of what they want to talk about during the News segments. Perhaps they used to list those, not overly rehearse, and whatever happened during the taping happened. Dunno what happened for much of Series 13 and 14 (the last news segment I properly enjoyed was 13x03's, largely due to Car Sauna).

I want some more naughty news this series, dammit. Or even just edited-out hilarity (see 12x06 news uncut).