• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Top Gear crashed Ferrari Enzo?

I heared something about the? crashing Nick Mason's Enzo while during the test with the Maseratti.
Does anyone know something about it?
If true, Clarckson is in for a lot of trouble :evil: :evil:

I can?t recall Clarkson comparing the Enzo to some Maseratti. Or maybe it is something that will come in an upcoming episode?

Please tell your source =)

i dont think it was clarkson that crashed it... the enzo was broadcasted some time in november so i am guessing that the clip was filmed in late october/early november. i also know for sure that the enzo survived for Automobile magazine's test in january. so i think your source might be wrong

While I was over in the UK this christmas, I read about this in the current issue of Top Gear Magasine... The Mag and the TV show seem to be run as 2 very separate entities.

They were due to test an Enzo but it was hit by a bus on the way to the shoot. The Enzo wasn't Nick Masons but belonged to that bloke who bought the Ferrari F1 car, Frank Mountain.

Anyway, after a few calls, they managed to get Nick Mason's Ferrari for the photoshoot. (I'd like friends/contacts like those :shock: )

If I remember rightly TG wasn't driving the car when it was hit (I didn't buy the mag, just read it for 5 minutes or so :) )

Hit by a bus... :cry:

No probably just repair it extensively by replacing everything even slighthly messed up except for that of the engine which they would probably just put another one in so I guess its the same car :woot:

11enzo_20041210_001.jpg

11enzo_20041210_002.jpg

11enzo_20041210_003.jpg

this comes from wreckedexotics.com, they say it was hit by a bus near Botley in New Forest, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Wreck happened on December 10, 2004

the episode had already aired by then, so not jeremy who crashed this one, and since there have "only" 4 crashed, i don't think JC will have crashed another one, ALSO in a bus, i think 2 occasions got mixed up

I'm not a big fan of the Enzo, but that seeing those pictures really hurts... :cry:

I wouldn't want to be the bus driver... I hope the company has an insuranse, otherwise it'll be an expensive repair bill.

And that folks is why you give way to buses :D

Hurts a lot... I hope the bus driver has some bad dreams :evil:

Buba

that guy with the enzo must be glad he bought insurance. however he wont be so happy if he only got the cheapest one, which is thrid party claims.

i got third party claims must cheaper than the complete package which is damm expensive and pointless

^no it wasn't, if i remember correctly, this is the enzo they used in fifth gear, and the owner had lend it to a friend, who wasn't driving it for 2 minutes, tries to pass a bus, relazed to late a VW golf was comming, tried to avoid it, and hit the bus, sth like that

i actually taught i got this from this site...guess not

jasonchiu said:
that guy with the enzo must be glad he bought insurance. however he wont be so happy if he only got the cheapest one, which is thrid party claims.

i got third party claims must cheaper than the complete package which is damm expensive and pointless

If he can afford an Enzo, then I'm sure buying Fully Comp won't dent his pocket much further :p

yeah i just read the story in Top Gear mag... :cry: and comparing pics that they had in the mag those pics that are posted are really similar to the ones in the mag (most likely same). apparently "frank" (owner) was driving to the TG shoot and he got hit by a bus and all frank would worry bout was his MC12 that he was going to get or whatever... i feel really bad for frank... :cry: