Top Gear Dog?

Mr_Smith

Car(s)
Volvo 240 Estate
What ever happened to Top Gear Dog?
he was like there for one or two seasons

he seemed nice, would have been funny if he took a dislike to James and bit him on the leg or wizzed on him or something.

Next time use the random thought thread.
Just a little remainder.

no problem, I searched for a thread already about the TGD but didn't know that's where I was supposed to post.

Sorry.

Minor point: TG-dog was/is actually a "she".

AFAIK she's Richard's dog and probably still is. I know I would've kept her.. seemed like a very calm and friendly beast.

S.

yeah she looks like a labradooble they use here for seeing eye dogs for people, half lab half poodle, quite funny most of the time on TG she is just crashed out having a sleep

Actually, TG dog isn't well. Richard's wife has a newspaper column in the Daily Express (believe me, I don't read it on a regular basis) and she wrote the whole thing last week about TG. The relevant bits:

The vet lifted TG?s back legs carefully off the ground and she gave a yelp. ?Well, we could take her into surgery and do some X-rays. It?s possible that a fragment of bone has broken off and is pressing on her spinal cord. But I wonder whether it might be an idea to give her some painkillers and see if it settles down first.?....

....Next morning she seemed slightly improved, but exhausted and miserable. She will have to go for X-rays, and she won?t cope well with that.

The next column is out on Tuesday, I think, and despite myself I think I'll probably check to see how the poorly hound is.

Next time use the random thought thread.
Just a little remainder.

No! Fuck stuffing everything into that thread!

Creating a new thread is best. :)

Yeah, goodness. Shoving everything into the Random Thread is like sending it into the ocean. Don't worry about it, Mr_Smith, and no need to apologise! :)

I hope all goes well for her...

Actually, TG dog isn't well. Richard's wife has a newspaper column in the Daily Express (believe me, I don't read it on a regular basis) and she wrote the whole thing last week about TG. The relevant bits:

The vet lifted TG?s back legs carefully off the ground and she gave a yelp. ?Well, we could take her into surgery and do some X-rays. It?s possible that a fragment of bone has broken off and is pressing on her spinal cord. But I wonder whether it might be an idea to give her some painkillers and see if it settles down first.?....

....Next morning she seemed slightly improved, but exhausted and miserable. She will have to go for X-rays, and she won?t cope well with that.

The next column is out on Tuesday, I think, and despite myself I think I'll probably check to see how the poorly hound is.

Shit. :(

Let us know how it turns out diti.

some say she hasnt been seen since she walked behind that Kia dealership....

Reactions: MWF
Actually Mindy's columns appear in the Sunday Express. We were hoping for an update on TG in yesterday's edition but no. We'll have to wait until next Sunday now, unless anyone going to filming on Wednesday is in a position to ask Richard about her. We have assumed that if the worst had happened (and that wasn't beyond the realms of possibility according to the column) then they would say something on the show. She was, after all, part of the team.

Nice idea but since they still have stuff to do after the tea break at the studio it wouldn't be fair to ask then for fear of causing upset. Lord knows I find Hammond annoying as fuck when he is in excited puppy mode* but I respect the guy and wouldn't want to cause him any distress.

*I also really like it when he isn't. And Clarkson gets on my tits sometimes too. At least May has the good grace to look embarassed when called upon to do something undignified.

I didn't realise the column was in the Sunday paper, I picked it up on the 'net as Tuesdays.

Hope the lack of mention means good news, but I'll still like to find out what happens.

Mindy's columns sometimes turn up online a couple of days after they're in the paper/S Magazine.

Perhaps if anyone sees one of the TG Mag writers on Twitter they might enquire? I tweeted Tom Ford the other day about TG dog and he wasn't aware. He said he would ask but I think he may have forgotten. If a few ppl ask about TG's welfare perhaps there will be a response.