Top Gear DVD covers

I like that spines-make-a-picture thing, too...but what season does it stop with? Do you not design more until you've got 5-6 seasons to span?

I use google, but I also use http://www.desktopmachine.com/

It would be nice if I were using DL discs, of if all my friends had divx DVD players...would make the covers a LOT easier to make. Larger selection of cars. I mean, I've done TWENTY covers, and I've still got seasons 1-3 and season 12 is starting in a month or two.

The front-and-back works for me as a theme...I like the back of the cars on the back of the case...and the text on each side matches up to the disc that's behind it. I'm using 7mm double-disc cases.

I like that spines-make-a-picture thing, too...but what season does it stop with? Do you not design more until you've got 5-6 seasons to span?

I suppose for each series (since each is at LEAST 2 cases, with 4 episodes per case) you could do an image that fits that series. For instance, for Series 10, you could have Oliver. ;)

The front-and-back works for me as a theme...I like the back of the cars on the back of the case...and the text on each side matches up to the disc that's behind it. I'm using 7mm double-disc cases.

I didn't realize you were using double-disc cases, that makes more sense. I still really like the simplistic design, and I hope you don't mind terribly if I rip you off, when I get the time for it. :p

some new series (but recycled design) DVD covers

some new series (but recycled design) DVD covers

Since I got the original layout from your site, I thought it only decent to return the favour with ones I made up for series 11, 12, 13 and 14.

I've gone for the simple approach with just a few lines to summarise the highlights of each episode, and borrowed the pictures from those already on the forum.

Attachments

• s11.jpg
    s11.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 184
  • s12.jpg
    s12.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 193
  • s13.jpg
    s13.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 170
  • s14.jpg
    s14.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 218
Apologies for the decade-long necrobump but I figured it would be better to bump this ancient thread than start my own over a single post.
Firstly, as I've stated in the past, I am very surprised that the BBC never issued the first 8 series of CHM Top Gear in any format. You'd think its surge in popularity during the mid '00s would be an incentive for them to release such a product. That said, even by 2007/2008 standards these earlier fan-made covers were pretty poor and rather generic. Thundercat's for example look like they were done in MSPaint, and yet he had the cheek to watermark them. So I had a go at making the most "authentic" looking Series 1 DVD box set myself, from an alternate universe where the BBC cared about Top Gear's distribution from the start:
u7lhs9L.jpg

If you want the full (double) res version of this or the raw .psd file then send me a PM or E-Mail me at a.a.abdo@outlook.com. I might make further box sets in the future, depending whether or not there's an adequate demand for them.

Last edited: