• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Top Gear DVDs?

NoCigar

Has anyone been successful at burning the episodes of Top Gear onto a DVD to be played on a DVD player? These things are filling up my hard drive fast and I will definitely be burning them to a DVD disc when I get my burner, but I was also wondering if its possible to do them as playable files? Thanks

I have been doing that for quite some time.

gtrietsc said:
I have been doing that for quite some time.
What have you been using to do this? The ones ive been getting for this season are all XVidD format. Can you still burn those to a readable DVD?

Yep. I use a program called Ulead MovieFactory 3.5. I just add the video clips to a project, select 16:9 aspect ratio, create my title screen to select episodes, and create. Takes about 6 hours. Then I run DVD Shrink on the output files, and burn those to a 4GB DVD.

Nice, so then you can get about a whole season then on a DVD?

Also, nice to see a fellow Texan Top Gear nut on here. I'm from Austin, but I'm currently attending school in Corpus.

gtrietsc said:
Yep. I use a program called Ulead MovieFactory 3.5. I just add the video clips to a project, select 16:9 aspect ratio, create my title screen to select episodes, and create. Takes about 6 hours. Then I run DVD Shrink on the output files, and burn those to a 4GB DVD.

Whats the sound and video quality like?

I use Nero Vision Express, works great. The vid/sound quality is excellent.

However on a 4 GB DVD, you can only fit like 2 episodes, unless you compress the quality, but who wants to do that?

Yea, you can only fit two episodes per disc. I have a lot of discs. But its worth it to watch it on the big TV! Plus I can loan them to friends that arent so computer savvy with codecs and things.

jeffy777 said:
I use Nero Vision Express, works great. The vid/sound quality is excellent.

However on a 4 GB DVD, you can only fit like 2 episodes, unless you compress the quality, but who wants to do that?

I use Nero Vision Express also....change the video encoding settings and you can get 4 episodes on without any noticable degradation.

It took me ages to find it, but it is under the More>>, Video options, DVD-Video. Add your 4 clips into the main window first, then adjust the Bit Rate to 2200-2300 kbits or so until it fits onto 1 DVD.

I finely adjust the quality each time to make any 4 episodes 4.3gb or so as some are compressed more than others to begin with. There is no point in re-encoding at a higher bitrate than the source file, as you can only have quality as good as the original clip.

Is nero vision included on the nero ultra edition? i dont see it in my start> program files

AxlxA said:
Is nero vision included on the nero ultra edition? i dont see it in my start> program files

No, but it maybe on the OEM CD that came with your burner, or you should be able to get a copy from that wonderful place called.. "The Interweb!"