Top Gear England vs Top Gear America vs Top Gear Australia

ykickamoocow

Am i the only one who thinks we need a full episode (maybe next year) devoted to England vs USA vs Australia with the presenters from all 3 shows competing against each other for the pride of their nations. After watching the England vs germany episode at the end of season 11 i think this concept could work extremely well.

Top Gear England
Jeremy Clarkson
Richard Hammond
James May
The English Stig

Top Gear America
Adam Carolla
Tanner Foust
Eric Stromer
The American Stig

Top Gear Australia
Charlie Cox
Warren Brown
Steve Pazzati
The Australian Stig

Does anyone else think a full hour long episode with all 9 presenters (and 3 Stig's) competing in 3 teams against each other to once and for all decide which nation is best :D

Am i the only one who thinks this is a great idea?

It's an idea for Top Gear: The Movie.

:p

They would need a lot longer than an hour to do this...but they could instead make it into a DVD that each show plugs for an entire season/series.

The idea is awesome. But it would certainly require much more than an hour.
A context would be nice, like that episode when they made that homemade BMW to the track.
Something like that. Get a car from each of their respective countries, tune them up, put them on the track, see who's best.

Well... at least we can dream

That would be great, give each team ?1000 pounds or the equivelant, they've each to bu a car and modify if for some top gear challenges

The only problem would be for the cheap car challenges im not sure what the Australian team would use because as far as i know Holden has only been exporting to the UK for afew years which means im not sure there would be any cheap Australian cars in the UK to buy.

Are there any 1980's Commodores and Falcons in the UK?

Am i the only one who thinks we need a full episode (maybe next year) devoted to England vs USA vs Australia with the presenters from all 3 shows competing against each other for the pride of their nations.

Am i the only one who thinks this is a great idea?

I think this idea should be forgotten and then revisited in a few years just to make sure TG colonies have had a chance to flourish and develop their own fanbase and style. Next year is much too early.

I think this idea should be forgotten and then revisited in a few years just to make sure TG colonies have had a chance to flourish and develop their own fanbase and style. Next year is much too early.

Agreed
first the colonies should themselves rather than challenging the Master

The only problem would be for the cheap car challenges im not sure what the Australian team would use because as far as i know Holden has only been exporting to the UK for afew years which means im not sure there would be any cheap Australian cars in the UK to buy.

Are there any 1980's Commodores and Falcons in the UK?

vt commodore SS were exported there. and then some vy as well.

How about a series of movies?

Top Gear: The movie

Top Gear 2: The reckoning

Top Gear III: Electric boogaloo

Top Gear IV: Mission to Moscow

Top Gear V: The British Empire Strikes Back

Top Gear VI: Generations

Top Gear VII: Episode One

Would make an excellent programme but we'd have to wait until the other two shows are up and running and are safe from being cancelled first, a full special similar to the D-Motors challenge would be good, on the DVD they could have all three versions of the challenge.

As has been mentioned thou, it will be a few years before they can do this.

It wouldn't surprise me if something like this was done, but I can't imagine it would happen for a while yet. Perhaps after a few seasons when TGUS & TGA have established themselves.

Easy, each of them enters a 24 Hour of Lemons car. I'm sure the organizers would be down for that kind of silliness. America does a $500.00 car, the Brits and Aussies could either build a car in the US or bring over their own monetary equivalent car.
It would be awesome, though we all know the UK boys would be voted to be destroyed.

It wouldn't surprise me if something like this was done, but I can't imagine it would happen for a while yet. Perhaps after a few seasons when TGUS & TGA have established themselves.

Personally, I just want to see more Top Gear, not less, and I fear a cross over would reduce the output.

A better idea is to stagger the three versions so that they are not all on at the time, despite different markets. If Wilman sticks to 14 eps of TG each year (a good idea) that leaves a lot of vacant weeks for the off-spring to develop outside of direct competition with the mother of all car shows.

I don't know how the tv seasons work in Australia but in the US, I have to imagine NBC will want a commitment of 13 eps (half season) or 22-25 eps for a full season. I just hope we don't end up with three new episodes of Top Gear (UK, US, AUS) each week for 1-2 months and then 6 months of nothing.

But wait a minute.
Im concerned about the Stig. I remember reading somewhere that they flew the Stig to America did his test run then flew him back home again.
So I don't think there are 3 stigs.

Last edited:
But wait a minute.
Im concerned about the Stig. I remember reading somewhere that they flew the Stig to America did his test run then flew him back home again.
So I don't think there are 3 stigs.

Some say that he has more than one accent, and that he reproduces by splitting in two. All we know is...