Top Gear: English ICON

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
I've just had confirmation that Top Gear has been accepted into the nomination phase of the ICONS.org.uk project that hopes to compile a list of English Icons.

But for Top Gear to become a full icon people have to vote for it. You can do this here: http://www.icons.org.uk/nom/nominations/top-gear/

Voted. Don't you love how a dude from Israel gets to vote on what is and isnt an icon for Enlish ppl ;)

Oh, it's not the first time that foreigners have hijacked UK voting for UK icons. Exhibit 1: the National Television awards a few weeks ago, when a bunch of us here tipped the balance in favo(u)r of Top Gear, or so I'd like to think. Think of it as payback for the British Empire, ye limey gits :p

Voted, so that this epitome of brilliant wit and refreshingly non-PC example of modern British culture shall gain its rightful place next to the miniskirt, Hadrian's Wall, the...garden shed, the tube map?, the hay wain...and...what the hell is a Cornish pastry? :-?

I kid, I kid. Remember, America invented Chicken In A Biskit.

Last edited:
We still recognise the queen here in Aussieland, so I count D=

I voted... love to see the faces of the anti Top Gear journo's if Top Gear was made an English icon! Awesome!

for 99%
against 1%

Its funny even the coronation of the Queen is only pushing 60% yet Top Gear is on 98%, the only thing that is close is "Just a Minute" which is ok beacuse that is pure class as well.

Voted. I am glad to see "I'm sorry I havn't a clue" is nominated. Very difficult to understand for noobs, but once gotten into great.

Voted. I am glad to see "I'm sorry I havn't a clue" is nominated. Very difficult to understand for noobs, but once gotten into great.

I have never worked out WTF is happening in Mornington Crescent. Care to explain?

The answer (between you and me) is nothing. It is a piss take of those obscure intellectual but pointless 'board' games favoured by some circles of society where they gain enormous amounts of knowledge for no good purpose except to play the game. Listen next time and it all fraud, some of the stations are not even stations! Mornington Crescent being one of the smallest and most obscure stations on the Tube.