Top gear - Epic Race Chase Car

georgeisoff

I was looking at the whole collection of episodes from Top Gear, (specifically the Noble M600, the Kooennoennioeggoennnisssoeuggooueeng, and the Askari A10,) and could not help myself thinking..... What kind of mind-bending car they must be using in order go in hot pursuit and to make all those amazing panning shots?? :blink:

I don't know.... What kind of astonishing car you think they use as chase vehicle for those cinematic masterpieces such as the McLaren F1? (Old vs New Super car Film) or the Race to Oslo in the Silver Bullet McLaren Mercedes on the Autobahn... Not to mention the GT-R cross Japan and the the Veyron on Italy!

The type of vehicle to be up there with the highest examples of exotic materials

Maybe... and just Maybe this?

autowp.ru_isdera_commendatore_112i_7.jpg

ferrari612.jpg

Caparo-T1-2-lg.jpg

What do you Think?

Greets from Mexico!

They just use Range Rovers.

Many of the panning shots are done after the race. The camera team goes back and shoots some nice video that's later used in the films that airs to the public.

:dancinglock::dancinglock::dancinglock:

Am I right?

Cause this has been talked trough for like a million times

Last edited:
They just use Range Rovers.

When you pay close attention to some of the footage you can even see a Wayne Wover around with the top half of the boot lid open and some guy with a camera sitting there.

...unless you were talking about the sheer power in the Peel P50, in that case it was a Lexus RXwhatever hybrid SUV keeping up with that.

They aren't going full throttle when they're getting filmed. Supercars can do 30mph too. Mystery solved.

There's a production company in the US that uses an Evo 9 as a chase car. Maybe they use something similar

They aren't going full throttle when they're getting filmed. Supercars can do 30mph too. Mystery solved.

Exactly, when they're doing 'the speed limit' the Range Rovers are just fine. I can't imagine it would be very easy for the camera crew to get good shots perched on the wing of a T1.

^ That's a company called Pursuit Systems I believe. They have multiple cars for different jobs. My favourite is the Ultimate Arm, which is mounted on an old ML55 (also matte black).

However these are all massive and massively expensive tools used by Hollywood, so that pokey motoring show can't really afford them.

During the homemade convertibles segment however it looked like they used an A4 or something. But that's as far as TG go - just a basic stabiliser on a car, which is more than fast enough.

LMAO! Yeah, err, Range Rovers. Or a few other types, depending on what's available where they're filming. But, still: LOL. :lol: