Top Gear Filming and the 2012 Olympics

TGCDN

Car(s)
Buick Rendezvous, Dodge Dakota
Anyone out there with any insight if Top Gear might be taping the series around the time of the Olympics.

Reason in asking is that I'm applying to go over and work during the Olympics and was hoping to sneek in a live taping. If not well I can at least visit the area as I have never been to the U.K. and it would be nice to look around see the sights.

Nobody knows when the summer series will be taped and aired. All we know is that the winter series will begin taping soon.

The Olympics are July 27 - August 12. By the time the games start, TG will probably be (based on past history) wrapping up Series 19.

August 12

Can't come soon enough. Must be one of the rare Brits who doesn't give a rat's arse about the olympics. Waste of tax payer's money when the country's almost broke anyway imo. :mad:

Everyone said that about Vancouver's games - until they started, then the mood improved drastically...

I think we can definitely say, at the very least, that they will NOT be taping during the Olympics: From Dunsfold Aerodrome's website:

Dunsfold Park Ltd submitted an application on 22nd November 2011 to Waverley Borough Council for permission to temporarily extend aviation movements over the Olympic period.
The extension is seeking permission for additional flights between 21st July 2012 and 15th August 2012 and also for flights on four Sundays during the same period.
The application follows the inclusion of Dunsfold Aerodrome in the announcement on 1 August 2011 by the Secretary of State for Transport on additional airports in the south east of England which will be coordinated to assist with the expected period of peak demand for air services for the Games.
With one of the best runways in the south east of England, outside of the main commercial airports, Dunsfold Aerodrome is capable of accommodating both private and business jet aviation. The location is ideally suited for many of the pre?Games training facilitates which Surrey is providing, as well as offering easy access to London and the main Olympic venues.

^ This

The entire air traffic system of the south east is being rewritten for two weeks, every runway will be packed.