Top Gear filming in British Columbia

Hachi Roku

Hey All, the presenters are coming through BC this month (great timing) and I was wondering if anyone new the schedule? Would love to go out and see them shooting!

I wonder if it's going to be all of them or just one? I've read a couple of things and only one vehicle is mentioned that "they'll" be driving. Unless they're doing another snowbine-ester type thing, why would they all be in the same vehicle?

They only need the car in order to be able to buy buttered scones for tea (on Wednesdays). The rest of their journeys will be made by leaping from tree to tree.

Last edited:
After seeing the vehicle that was being tested, I wondered if it was just going to be Richard.

They are going to be filming right by me. I wonder if they will leave the keys in the Hennessy for long lol Surprised it was the three of them as theres a lot here as far as driving. If they had to play on one road hwy 3 isnt too bad at all. Now just wondering how they are going to spin this as it is in Canada.

They are going to be filming right by me. I wonder if they will leave the keys in the Hennessy for long lol Surprised it was the three of them as theres a lot here as far as driving. If they had to play on one road hwy 3 isnt too bad at all. Now just wondering how they are going to spin this as it is in Canada.

I wonder if they realize it's winter in Canada and that our supercars are mostly parked for the winter?

We might very well see a tremendous accident if they get a little crazy. I hope not, but I know that route through the Rock Creek / Westbridge road and there are a few interesting corners if they decide to give it the beans. Even worse if they use the 3-cut from Osoyoos. There's a couple of spots to dance it but I wouldn't with the cold/warm we've had.

Yah was just wondering what I did with the studded tires and chains for my Lotus 7 lol. That the fun way to drive those roads when there isnt white stuff!

I'm in Kelowna so probably wont see Hamster unless he gets lost. Hopefully they will realize we have better roads here than a lot of the so called best roads they have shown. Nothing like blasting down a few hundred km of curves. Maybe one day all three will come back?

I think Jeremy & James will be joining Richard. Jeremy sent out a tweet this morning to James, saying "Canada?". James replied "Not very wintery in Hammersmith, I think I'll go somewhere snowy today. You up for that?"

James & Jeremy mentioned Vancouver on Twitter today, don't know if that means they're going there or not, though.

So after all these years waiting for them to come to Canada they pick BC??? 7028 kilometers according to Google Maps -- from downtown here to downtown Vancouver ..
What does BC have that Newfoundland doesn't.
Ok so maybe it has grand mountain vista views, we have fjords (and old Viking sites which sort of goes with the whole fjords theme)
Ok maybe it has a road called highway to the sky ... we have freedom road in Labrador ( mostly paved now )
ok maybe it has medicinal marijuana ... we have cheap rum ... really bad cheap rum
Ok OK it gets practically no snow ... EVER ... Ok they win on that one
But they get earthquakes and we don't -- Although we do see the tail end of a lot of hurricanes.. that one is a draw.
OK BC (vancouver in particular ) does have a much higher average income and has better cars roaming the streets
BUT Newfoundland only joined Canada in 1949 - and is far more British. We have a Vulcan bomber on a plinth -- we have all kinds of things named Churchill... I grew up seeing right hand drive cars .. and we have the Newfoundland Targa ! HA! so there .. that is what they should be here to film .. last September ..
Wait till I see Andy Wilman again !

So after all these years waiting for them to come to Canada they pick BC???
Wait till I see Andy Wilman again !

Not that you're annoyed, at all!! :lol: