"Top Gear filming in UAE" [Turns out to be the magazine, but 3 Veyrons!]

EL_3grab

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
SteveA said:
Having decided to get away from all the excitement for the weekend and head for Al Ain, our first surprise yesterday afternoon was to come across police cars, camera crews, two Bugatti Veyrons and a Koenigsegg half way up the hill to Mercure Jebel Hafeet.

We didn't realise it was a Top Gear event until we went to dinner and a group of Brits sat at the next table and started arguing about how they would cut the shots of three Veyrons doing 200 mph down the Abu Dhabi corniche with the Jebel Hafeet shots...something about the Stig being chased out of town by the Veyrons in a Koenigsegg :shock:

Then this morning we met a couple at the pool who told us they had seen a guy walking through the foyer of the hotel last night in full race suit and helmet. :shock: :shock:

We have now exchanged phone numbers and agreed that if we see the Stig again we will immediately contact each other and overpower him so we can remove his helmet and get a photo :lol:

http://www.evolve.ae/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4912

:mrgreen:

Holy shit, TWO Veyrons?!

:eek: Holy Moly, this is gonna be epic :thumbsup:

:+1: for the heads up

if this turns out to be true, I may forgive them for only making 6 episodes (allegedly)

2 Veyrons and 1 Koeniggsegg in one episode equals so much win as a whole season of TG

Dear god.

Sounds like a true account to me. If he was going to make it up, I would think it would be better than that.

Until I got my camera phone I often saw things I had no "proof of" such as an alligator attacking a police car on Interstate 20 close to Monroe, La. But it happened. Took almost the whole right front fender off.

holy crap sticks! That's going to be epic!

*Drops mouth* How did they get two?

its the UAE

ie United - imunbefrigginlievablyrich - arab emirates.

i think most of the veyrons probably ended up in that place. im sure rich oil barrons and sheiks wouldnt mind getting their face on the top motoring program in the world, and that lot love their cars and like to show it.

I think JC has a mate out there, who is very very very rich (no I mean it) - from the speed boat programme a while back. I seem to recall a genuine dude who may at a pinch lend his cars out.

Last edited:
Dear God...

Dear god..

Ok, thats it. PM me your postal address and I'll send you a dvd with all of season 10, coz nobody should have to suffer the SBS edition!

that's very nice of you, but when the time's right, i'm gonna go on a downloading frenzy as I have a 250GB external drive.

I think JC has a mate out there, who is very very very rich (no I mean it) - from the speed boat programme a while back. I seem to recall a genuine dude who may at a pinch lend his cars out.

That would be the Rainbow Sheikh or was that guy from the Motorworld series? Plus he also knows the Rally Driver Mohammed bin Sulayem, the guy with all them hypercars. I'm sure he has some contacts.