Top Gear - Finally Back?

If you want facts, watch MotorWeek.
If you want a mix of fact and entertainment, watch Fifth Gear.
If you want entertainment, watch Top Gear.

Nah, it won't ever be the same as it used to be. You can easily tell that TG doesn't make the programme just for car nuts any longer, which is a shame in my opinion.

Yeh but come on what are we left with? A glorious car/entertainment show. And his opinion is just. I watch both, 5th Gear for all the car reviews, Top Gear for all the entertainment. Top Gear is best though :p

Nah, it won't ever be the same as it used to be. You can easily tell that TG doesn't make the programme just for car nuts any longer, which is a shame in my opinion.

Yeah, well I liked Coldplay before they got big and sold out. :rolleyes:

Actually, I never did like Coldplay. "You know how I know you're gay?"

Yeh but come on what are we left with? A glorious car/entertainment show. And his opinion is just. I watch both, 5th Gear for all the car reviews, Top Gear for all the entertainment. Top Gear is best though :p

What would be wrong with Top Gear, staying to the old style? The old style was brilliant.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Also, where have they gotten their new in-car-cameras from? Looks like they got it for 10 quid on a supermarket. Too bright, noisy, bad colors..

Last edited:

From Clarkson's article for TG Mag.

The trouble is that the people I'm talking about here have come out from the gentlemen's lavatories and declared themselves to be genuine gearheads, people who, if you cut them, would bleed super unleaded and Castrol R. And they're all horrible. I can think of no worse group, apart from the freemasons.

And here's my beef: with their silly haircuts and their nasty complexions, and their fondness for wearing track suits, they give the whole world of motoring a bad name. They make 'liking cars' uncool.

When I sit down at a dinner party, I can always see the colour drain from the faces of those around me as they imagine I'm going to talk torque and carve race tracks in my gravy all night long. They all think I'm going to be a woollier, fatter version of Ron Dennis.

Top Gear is obviously no longer for "car nuts" its for real people who like cars. End of story. As Quiky, and everyone of us who have been here through everything and loved every minute of it, has said "If you want car facts don't watch TG".

What would be wrong with Top Gear, staying to the old style? The old style was brilliant.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Yeah, screw that evolution stuff. Nothing ever gets better as it changes. That type of thinking is the reason we have teachers in schools telling children that we all came from a magic garden.

Fuck off.

Hey, stay classy guy. :thumbsup:

I stopped thinking of TG as a car show ages ago (somewhere around series 7).

These days, it's more a car-themed entertainment/comedy show. The cars - for the most part - have just become elaborate props and/or plot devices ... which is fine by me. As long as the top notch cinematography, razor sharp wit and epic adventures continue, then I'll keep watching.

With their 10 quid in-car cams?
If you're looking for cinematography in a car you have some serious issues.Yes the in-car shots are quite bad lately but that has nothing to do with how brilliant everything else is.

Don't try to take on TG about cinematography, quality of the shots and editing. They're among the best if not the best in the world at the moment, and have been for about 4 years.

Season 10 vs. Seasons 7, 6, 8, 3, 4, etc.: It's like saying, do you want a delicious chocolate birthday cake, or a delicious chocolate birthday cake with a teaspoon less sugar? Either way, it's still a birthday cake and therefore incredibly awesome, and complaining about it is silly. Deal with it, there's still some good in life without you lot nitpicking it to death.[/I]

Throwing the dices I would say:
S1 - 3 made by a slightly novice chef?
S2 - 4 getting better, James May in the cook book
S3 - 5
S4 - 6 Brilliant blend of ingredients
S5 - 6
S6 - 6
S7 - 6
S8 - 3 "New formula" Top Gear, New Coke anyone?
S9 - 2 The crash had its influence here
S10 -5 Back in Business with a new frosting

I've only seen the last 4 seasons in full. Seasons 7-9 were excellent. Season 10 (second half) was a let down, with the exception to [10x07] and [10x09].

...are you serious? Do you even watch the show? :?

It seems to be quite random which films they use the crap cameras for and which they use proper cams for.

Example:

Bad
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/13/vlcsnap32008.png

Very good
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/13/vlcsnap33277.png