Top Gear France

Elijah B.

I know this is not the right place for this thread, but there seems to be no Top Gear France forum, and I thought if I put this thread in the General Automotive forum people who would want to know about this might miss it. Obviously it should be moved as the mod sees fit.

This is the teaser for the second season of Top Gear France. I think it looks pretty good. If it could be available with English subtitles it might be a goer, especially since no other TG or CHM will be available for a while. I wonder what season 1 was like.

Last edited:
I need to start brushing up on my French. This looks fucking awesome.

Since there is not a dedicated forum of top gear france , i will post here the review of the s02e02:

It was a nostalgia episode about the end of production of the land rover defender :
The team brought one exemplary to the military base of Canjuers in south France ( the largest base in Europe) , putting it against the same tests that are facing military vehicules.

The defender had to climb a 3000% slope and did it as well as the 8x8 armoured vehicule .
Second test was a race against the MBT Leclerc in a test track : of course the tank dominates in offroad but was overtook in the road sections .

After this Philippe Lellouche was all sobbing about his loss of the last true 4x4 : Le Tone and Bruce Jouanny to uplift him present two possible successors : the Range Rover SVR and the Hummer serie 1 .

Lellouche called this two : a luxury handbag and a rapper's car , so they were put into tests : first a race on the track, where the range rover stay on the track and the Hummer cheated by cutting corners in off road.
Bruce Jouanny had a hard time controling the Range rover due to body rolls and lack of efficient brakes in that 2 tonnes monster, (steel brakes).

Next test was a passing on car wrecks : Bruce didn't want to damage his expensive RR on this and LeTone of course crashed the wrecks.

Next sequence was a comparative between the Tesla S and the BMW i8 , the Tesla seems to win the favors of the two testers for the easiest way of living with the cars ( electrical reloading , driving etc..)
The drag race between the two was won by the Tesla ( 3s, for the 0 to 100 km/h)

SIARP section : a veteran of french cinema , G?rard Darmon, and a young actress Ornella Fleury and very coincidentally this two plus Philippe Lellouche are playing in the same theater play at the time of the airing .

The power lap was done with the Range Rover SvR.

s02e03

Each of the presenters pick up the dream car of their youth :
Le Tone choose a citro?n acadiane , Bruce Jouanny choose a porsche 924, and Lellouche a ford taunus police car. They put them through some challenges in an attraction park , so a lot of crashing occurred.

The big test was the porsche spyder 918 , Bruce Jouanny put it through its pace in the town of Le Mans and also exceptionally in the Hunaudi?res straight.

SIARPC : ex f1 driver Jacques Laffite and a humorist-comedian-stand up artist Arnaud Tsam?re who coincidentally is the son in law of the former. Jacques Laffite managed to top the previous record of the track by a few tenth of a second.

All in all a bit of a boring episode with nothing extraordinary emerging.

s02e04

Two main segments : a classical topgear challenge involving fiat multipla and a comparative test between the BMW 135i, the MB A45 AMG and the audi RS3.

The first one had a classical touch of topgear UK : the three presenters had to customize each a multipla and put them trough a test.

The second segment was presented by LeTone , he seemed to like most the BMW : it is the only one to have a V6 not a V4 , the other two , the MB and the audi had to resort to special tricks in the exhaust system to sound like a true sport car .

Time of the power laps : BMW 1'22''67 , MB 1'21''15 , audi 1'20''67.

SIARP : Joey Starr actor ex-rapper, Ariane Brodier : humorist , actress..

Thanks for the reviews.

Funnily enough I downloaded all the episodes until now, but I saw just the bits from the trailer :) I don't seem to find time to watch them.
I guess I'll do a marathon when the season is over

Funnily enough I downloaded all the episodes until now, but I saw just the bits from the trailer :) I don't seem to find time to watch them.

Where did you find them to dl? And do they have English subs? Thanks.

French torrent sites
No subtitles

s02e05 : stunt 2.0

All the episode revolves about the crew passing their stuntman license :
so as expected a lot of crashes and a lot of effort trying to convince us than they are doing the stunts themselves.

Another segment was the test of two track day cars : the radical 500 and the caterham 485 R , of course in all the tests the much recent Radical trashes the older Caterham .

In the power lap , the radical breaks the record by 1" to beat the maclaren 650.

SIARPC : Sylvain Wiltord ex professional footballer and Laurie Thillmann ex Miss France , the two are now journalist for Eurosport.

Definitely an episode with a lot of energy ,speed and action.

What's the name of the stuntman?

What's the name of the stuntman?

Sorry, didn't catch the name of their stunt instructor.

s02e06 : le d?fi des pilotes.

First segment : new audi R8 V10 + : 610 cv , and audi TT S. Presented by Le Tone and Lellouche . The point of this test was to demonstrated that the TT is a reduced carbon copy of the R8 when you put them side by side.
A serie of test like practicability , drag race and breaking distance , the R8 won the two last tests but not by that much.

A power lap of the R8 lands it in the third place overall.

Second segment : presented by Bruce Jouanny and Le Tone : they took a Nissan 370 Z through a drafting test and so on , the point being that the 370 Z is so easy to drive that even a guy like Le Tone could do well at the steering wheel.

SIARPC : Vincent Lagaf a tv entertainer.

And the last segment : a review of the DS5 and the classical DS by Le Tone , I must say I like the original style and the "offset" tone (!) of this presenter.

With a bit of delay , the quick review of the last two episodes:

s02e07 : summer olympics games :

Each member of the crew choose a car ( a coccinelle cabriolet, a citro?n cactus and a smart ) and put them trough different trials :
a 4x100m vs human sprinters, a wrestling competition , p?tanque, and finally a biathlon .

In this segment they managed to capture a bit of the spirit of the old top gear with cheating and no fairplay , resulting in a enjoyable segment. What is surprising is that they don't hesitate to crash what seems to be new cars , which can indicated that the production put more money in this.

The other segment was a presentation of a replica of an AC cobra (160.000 ?) if i recalled well, by Phil Lellouche who went all along with the magnifique retro look and modern performance. Except that when the Stig really put the car through its paces , the engine ran dry of oil and seized, the explanation being that the oil through a bad conception is not kept in place to lubricate the low motor .

SIARPC : two young actors : Fr?d?ric Chau and Noom Diawara.

s02e08 :
Last episode :
That was supposed to be a road trip from the topgear location in Troyes to Paris , each presenter choose a wreck car in a junkyard .
That supposed road trip in the spirit of the old topgear sums up to only a race in a quarry with those 3 car wrecks and a drag race between three tractors .

The other segment was a car vs humans by Le Tone like the one done by Captain Slow . The car was a Bentley continental GT cab and the humans were speed runners and the location the French Alps :
Le Tone took the mountainous roads between two towns while the two runners cut trough the summits and passes.

SIARPC : Jean-Pierre Foucault , a tv presenter and a qu?b?cois : Jean-Marc G?n?reux moked for his inability to drive manual cars.

Saison 2 : 645 000 t?l?spectateurs
Saison 1 : 666 000 t?l?spectateurs