Top Gear Game / GT5 Content

WillDAQ

OK, you'll have to bear with me on this one, but have a read of Clarkson's latest column.

Now that's not a normal photo shoot, that's the process they go through when creating a digital model of someone for an animation or video game.

What's more, the BBC have recently made a move into games with the new Doctor Who interactive episodes (here, 15min 45sec onwards covers the photo shoot process and most of the rest of it as well) which will be made available online. From this i'm guessing it's more likely to be a BBC thing than GT5 content.

So in the finest tradition of speculation and in keeping with the maritime code, are we going to see an interactive / game element to the next series of Top Gear?

If they go guns blazing in I'd like to see how Ofcom (should it last) will make PSB apply to video games.

I know the test track is supposed to be in the game, and you'll be able to stream top gear episodes through an in game browser thing. But that was touted years ago and the format of GT5 has been ripped up and rearranged more than once since then.

I would like it if there were top gear challenges. Like normal GT tournaments but you have restrictions on your car. Must be FWD, max budget, max horsepower etc, and you compete against better, fitter cars.
Then perhaps at the end of the race a digital jeremy gives you an evaluation with various funny faces and strained-metaphor putdowns.

GT has always been a bit too serious for many gamers and adding a light hearted/off the wall approach to the tournaments/races could encourage more casual players to try the game a bit harder.

Maybe a GT simulation section for when you have your serious hat on, and when you want more fun stuff go to the top gear challenge section where you must take a 30 year old Jag XJS up against modern cars. You have 5000cr to modify the car in any way you like. What mods would get you the advantage over your opponents? More horsepower? handling?

Wish I was working on GT5.