Top Gear Google Earth locations

Frederic

Hi all!

First of all: don't start shouting "you're overanalysing TG etc".. buttttt:

wouldn't it be a cool idea to look for some TG locations they've been to and make some sort of TG tourist guide? 8)
for example: the best driving road map etc:

let's start with this:
The racetrack in Spain: 36?49'33.62"N 5?4'50.08"W
The caravan site: 50?42'5.61"N 2?18'39.29"W (who would want to go there?)
Channel crossing launch pad: 51? 7'0.36"N 1?18'59.70"O
Amphibious car: 53? 7'21.64"N 2? 4'32.01"W

Cheers!

You could just add this to the wiki, relating to whichever episode the moments were filmed :)

*points to wiki again* you could make a TG google Earth locations page

...with downloadable kmz files instead of coordinates!

Clarkson's Chipping Norton House: 51?55'52.30"N 1?32'1.88"W
Clarkson's Isle Of Man House: 54? 3'18.60"N 4?37'22.19"W

TG Test Track (For those who don't have it): 51? 7'6.89"N 0?32'11.27"W

And I agree with making a wiki page for them.

What about building a library of all the interesting places TG goes? Like the African desert, and Lillehammer, Verbier, the Bridge, the 'best' drivers road (I recall an Australian member did actually do an entry in a thread for that one) etc.

Geter Done!

Last edited:
For the Route of the "best driving Road", open Google Maps and start with "Davos, Switzerland". From there, you have to drive the 28 until you turn right to Livigno. After Livigno, drive left onto the SS301 until you've reached Bormio. This is the first best driving Road presented in TopGear 10x01...

Now head north and begin with the Stelvio Pass [SS38]. This is the second Road presented by the Team on its Trip. This is where all the serpentines are. This Part of the Stelvio Pass, from Bormio to Trafoi, is where they found their driving Heaven.

Sorry, I hate working with coordinates and I'm not a Crack in Googlemaps, but I'm sure this will help some of you. :)

Does anybody know where to road is, where they tested the RS4 against the climbers?