Top Gear: Great Adventures 2 DVD

Yes, just think! I pay everytime you download a TG torrent. Feel ashamed!!!:unsure:

:p

You have to pay whether anyone downloads a torrent or not. ;)

I pay for BBCA, so I have a little less guilt and I have bought more than a couple of TG related DVD's, etc. Got a preorder in for the new one.

I download the show torrents because I have no other option. But I am not against paying for what I enjoy.

Well BBC America is launching Series 12 next Monday, evidently, which is sweet since they just ended Series 11.

Well here's conformation what kind of extra(s) we can be expecting on the DVD

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/vietnam-revisited?imageNo=8

670x377Image.jpg

Red Stig is too skinny.

But glad to know he will be included on the new DVD.

I have it preordered.

Standing by.

So apparently Final Gear gets mentioned in the commentary based on an e-mail I got.

Anyone have a copy and watched it yet?

I thought it was Hammond Heaven that got the mention in the commentary. Haven't heard about you guys being mentioned.

What worries me is that the Vietnam special may be cut down, if it's anything like the US Special on the last Great Adventures DVDs. I felt robbed when I found out.

I thought it was Hammond Heaven that got the mention in the commentary. Haven't heard about you guys being mentioned.
No idea. I was told via e-mail from some random person.

saw it in HMV today, was tempted to buy it but have to wait a bit longer til i have the monies. looking forward to seeing the commentaries and extra material though.

I haven't gotten mine yet. Should be this week though. I preordered and it has been sent.

So apparently Final Gear gets mentioned in the commentary based on an e-mail I got.

Anyone have a copy and watched it yet?

Haven't listened to the Vietnam commentary yet but the Botswana commentary mentions both final gear and Hammond Heaven.

"I think they did say on final gear forum that this was shot in Woburn Safari Park, the whole NASA conspiracy thing"
"They always get us don't they"

"Hammond was quite cool in that cowboy hat actually"
..."What are you, some girl off Hammond Heaven website?"

Last edited:
Just finished watching the Vietnam extras and listened to the commentary. Very funny. It gives a great insight in how the programme is made. Vietnam was a hell of a logistic operation, due to among others poor communication (the walkie-talkies stopped working because of the rain) and bothersome authorities (filming in a communist country is no fun)
Final Gear wasn't mentioned as far as I could understand everything that was being said.

I haven't received mine yet even though it says it has been sent. I am beginning to worry.

I have preordered from Amazon UK before and usually had the DVD the day of release, once the day before, even in the US.

Holding tight for a couple more days. I am dying to hear the commentary.

..."What are you, some girl off Hammond Heaven website?"
AHAHAHAHAHA. I really should go get this. Then my friend and I will have both between us. Want these commentaries!

So want the DVD badly. But you can't get it anywhere except for the internet if you live overseas.

^ diito-ed. Damn not being allowed to have a visa debit.....

But, are the episodes cut at all like the last ones on DVD were?

Nope. The Vietnam one is similar to the one on tv and the Botswana one is extended, like on the Polar dvd. :)

Nope. The Vietnam one is similar to the one on tv and the Botswana one is extended, like on the Polar dvd. :)

And I'm hearing good things about the commentaries...

Are the commentaries done just by production crew, Andy, etc, or are the lads involved with it aswell?

Either way...[jezza]SWEEEEEEEEEEET!![/jezza]:D:mrgreen:

And I'm hearing good things about the commentaries...

Are the commentaries done just by production crew, Andy, etc, or are the lads involved with it aswell?

Either way...[jezza]SWEEEEEEEEEEET!![/jezza]:D:mrgreen:

The commentary isn't done by the lads themselves, but the production crew do comment on the lads a lot. :D