Top Gear in Australia

I believe that is true. Top Gear was here in america for a while, edited for the american audience by the BBC. It was rather awful.
BTW :welcome:

was good enouph to make me find this website and download the originals though :)

was good enouph to make me find this website and download the originals though :)

Same for me as well. After they quit showing it on the discovery channel I had to get my fix elsewhere. I tried all different bogus ftp sites to get the episodes, until I found this beloved site. :D

In the most recent episode SBS played, before it started, they clearly stated that they were going to play the full international version (with no cuts).
Anyway, they lied because they ended up cutting Hammonds British racing green segment. <_<

In the most recent episode SBS played, before it started, they clearly stated that they were going to play the full international version (with no cuts).
Anyway, they lied because they ended up cutting Hammonds British racing green segment. <_<
Here is the screen that SBS had before the show:
http://img295.imageshack.**/img295/2935/snapshot200701231115276fe.th.jpg
They say they were showing the international version, which had that segment cut out, SBS didn't cut it out the BBC did.

Ahh ok, so the international version has that part cut out. Thanks for clearing that :)

Im starting to enjoy SBS and ABC alot more than the other 3 networks. (10 is good for it's F1 though :D)

seeing as us Aussies seem to follow the Americans ever where BBC probably assumed our brains were similar in size. So they dumbed it down for us making it crap... But i download it all anyway :).

The ABC and SBS have always been better than the other 3 channels.

Oh yes i totally agree there. Anything that 7 9 or 10 show, i can just download. Abc and SBS dont tend to fuck there viewers around, constantly changing times and dates, and running episodes out of order. Showing complete seasons instead of stopping half way through.

Top Gear on SBS is not as good because they don't change the music around. I noticed this in the McLaren SLR race where Jeremy reaches Holland.

CHASER!

Oh yes i totally agree there. Anything that 7 9 or 10 show, i can just download. Abc and SBS dont tend to fuck there viewers around, constantly changing times and dates, and running episodes out of order. Showing complete seasons instead of stopping half way through.

Yea, 7 9 and 10 are totally commercial. They hardly ever have something I want to watch. ABC and SBS have a lot of interseting Docos and Question Time is so damn funny.

Well In Canada we have had every series since Season 2.And everything is the same as the UK Version as far as I can see.Although when we ran out of Series because it was aired twice a week every week we had a lot Top Gear xtra's and cobbled together shows.

BBC Canada version is cut as well. They have it on for an hour, but with commercials. Usually they cut the News... sometimes the guest star segment.

Download FTW! :lol:

Here is the screen that SBS had before the show:
http://img295.imageshack.**/img295/2935/snapshot200701231115276fe.th.jpg
They say they were showing the international version, which had that segment cut out, SBS didn't cut it out the BBC did.

hahaha, the SBS is awesome, I love that Inspector Rex. The picture makes me think they receive a lot of complaints.

So i figured this was the best place to put this..

After all seeing the USA road trip, i think there are rumors about the same thing happening in australia. After watching tonights episode on SBS there was an announcement at the end that said something about top gear coming to australia, win a trip to see the filming, and think of a good thing for them to do in australia. hopefully its not a hypothetical question. Anyway on the sbs site this is what the competition says.

http://topgear.sbs.com.au/Competitions.aspx?menu=1&id=4
Up until 11:59am on Tuesday 27th March, we'll be giving away a Navman N40i GPS system every week!

For your chance to win, simply tell us in 100 words or less "Which car should Top Gear review in Australia and in which iconic location ?".

Winners will be selected each week and posted on the Top Gear website.

Visit our forum for the full competition rules and be sure to read our Terms & Conditions

and on the forum..

This was written by administration: http://www21.sbs.com.au/topgearforum/viewtopic.php?t=96

stiggie wrote:
One of the competitions is to state in 100 word or less what car TopGear should test in Australia and where. Is TopGear actually coming here to test a car or is it hypothetical?

While we can't give too much away it is safe to say that SBS is in serious talks with the BBC regarding Top Gear in Australia. Your feedback plays an important part in this so we encourage you to enter the competition and tell us what you think!

SBS Administrator

So yeah i guess ill enter, i don't wanna give away what I am going to write, but hey hopefully they will be coming. That would be fantastic :)

Ok there is like a billion replies already, so much for that. Ill put what i think up in a few days.

Any other ideas? or what people from overseas want to see?

Last edited:
Here in Holland the shows are edited aswell. They're about 10 minutes shorter. Mostly they cut out the Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car , or the news and then they fill it up with commercials. That's why I prefer watching it on the BBC (which we don't have right now, but it should be back in a couple of weeks, I hope). Here they air TG on Veronica, part of SBS broadcasting.

We got Lijbrandt, they don't air the BBC anymore :( because they didn't have a licence or something. I've sent them 4 emails and they say they're negotiating with the BBC and it should be back in February, which it is now and still no BBC. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Last edited: