Top Gear in Chile?

Mr. Nice

Top Gear in Chile? [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRCSKJm17Dc&eurl=http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2008/12/10/clarkson-on-mayo/&fe[/YOUTUBE]

Season 13 may feature a Chilean episode?

Somehow, I hope this turns out to be like the movie version of Tom Clancy's Clear and Present Danger in some way.

Last edited:
Goes without saying that he might just be talking out of his ass. Still, Vietnam and Botswana were a bit of a surprise, so why not Chile?

that did seem like a slightly offhand remark but who knows, that could be true. guess they won't be coming back to the U.S. again since many of the major cities have banned smoking in restaurant.

yeah, looking good!

that did seem like a slightly offhand remark but who knows, that could be true. guess they won't be coming back to the U.S. again since many of the major cities have banned smoking in restaurant.

Same with Canadialand as well.

I`m Chilean , i hope they come here, and yes, here you can smoke in most restaurants

I think that this would be a wonderful idea. ... No seriously it would be great, they should try it.

Last edited:
I that this would be a wonderful idea. ... No seriously it would be great they should try it.

I agree!

I Saw Santiago once on the Travel Channel, it's a beautiful looking city. I'm an American, so I suck at geography, but I believe the Andes stretch through Chile as well. The scenery is sure to be amazing wherever they end up going. Isn't Easter Island part of Chile? Maybe they are going there.

The Andes stretch through all of Chile, and because the country is so long, (4000 kms north to south) it have allmost every kind of scenery and climate you want
And yes Easter Island is part of Chile.

I`m Chilean , i hope they come here, and yes, here you can smoke in most restaurants

I'm Chilean too, (Sadly I'm studying/living now in Germany), But It'll be great to see "the boys" in Chile, driving through one of the many beautiful places we have down there :D

But I've seen Hammond with one "Atacama desert" t-shirt at the .. erm... (24 hours of Silverstone I think) so I maybe they'll be going somewhere in the north (where the Dakar is taking place this Year).

If they're going to the desert, It will be... mm.. a cheap 4x4 challenge through the driest desert in the World :D...!!!

Cheers

Last edited:
Another beautiful trip could be the "Austral road" (Carretera Austral), its the most beautiful place I know from Chile. A road between "Pto Montt" and "Villa O'Higgins" (they are places where you need to take a ferry) but its so beautiful. and it's not so Hot like in the Atacama Desert :D.. (they're always complaining about the warm weather).

map_large.gif

http://img130.imageshack.**/img130/7522/11co9dt5ra.jpg
P8210034.JPG

(I was there in this Summer (Winter in Chile), and was beautiful, Sadly the Chaiten Vulcan was making some mess so I couldn't make the hole trip.)

well why not? there's tons of countries they haven't visited yet... so there's tons more 'specials' they can do :)

I've wanted to see the International MXT on the show for a long time... What they will end up using, who knows, but I hope they do eventually get around to doing the MXT.

Last edited:
the big question is, are you still allowed to smoke in Chile ;)