Top Gear In Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recognize the place where they are standing in front of the plane. That picture was taken in Saigon, in the War Crimes Museum, formerly known as the American War Crimes Museum. ;) I visited the place as well on my trip to Vietnam. I later took the bus from Saigin to Hanoi, an absolutely awesome journey. Someone once said that you have no idea how many shades of green there are, until you have visited Vietnam. And he was absolutely right. :)

Last edited:
Can not wait. Vietnam special with Top Gear. Thats awesome. 12 series are shaping up to be quite good after lazy 11th one.

Will this make it in time for series 12, wow they are cutting it finer than usual, aren't they?

Fan-bloody-tastic. I cannot wait, the pictures are awesome!

Will this make it in time for series 12, wow they are cutting it finer than usual, aren't they?

It might be for an episode later in the series. Looks like there will be ten episodes this time. :thumbup:

huge thanks to all for the pics. This looks mega. Jezza on any form of 2 wheeled transport is going to be a huge laugh. Can't wait to see what actually happens

Fan-bloody-tastic. I cannot wait, the pictures are awesome!

I'm wondering if it might be a stand alone episode like the Polar Special???

or the start of a round the world trip

Something to remember, however: six months before the Africa special aired, Clarkson spent his family vacation in that region. I suspect that if he sees something exotic enough in his off-TG work, he'll convince the producers that it's worthy of a TG Challenge episode.

Yeah seems so, jezza has been to vietnam before, in the F150 pickup episode he says that the worst car he has ever driven was a russian jeep in saigon, vietnam. :p

Wow do I feel silly for being doubtful. I had thought you had found old pictures and were thinking they were new. Whoops!

A round the world challenge, now that would be (as Jeremy would say) EPIC!

Wow do I feel silly for being doubtful. I had thought you had found old pictures and were thinking they were new. Whoops!

That first pic I used was only ever meant to set the scene.

That first pic I used was only ever meant to set the scene.

Yeah, I know. I was thinking you had found other pictures (that we had already seen from his vacation) and not posted them.

Yeah seems so, jezza has been to vietnam before, in the F150 pickup episode he says that the worst car he has ever driven was a russian jeep in saigon, vietnam. :p

That was in Motorworld Vietnam-episode.

Wow that Facebook link has a TON of pictures! Oh and the photographer commented his/her own photo with the following info: "Sorry yes. i am doing al the servie for them in Vietnam. Please wathc in on 28th of Dec" (photo 55)

Last edited:
Nice to see the pic of Hammond having fun with chopsticks. As JC said in the race across Japan "He doesn't eat anything that hasn't come from a burger van at the side of the A38". Looks interesting. Curious to see what they are up to when it airs.

JC has also confirmed in his latest column in TG mag that he has been filming there and that involves using motorbikes. That seems to be borne out my the pic of May in his helmet and goggles on some old bike outside what looks like a hotel.

This was posted by 'The Mole' on the Top Gear Transmission blog.

As the brand new Top Gear website glides elegantly onto the net-o-web we?re saddened to report that the presenters won?t be around to see it. That?s because, after years of dodging the draft, they?ve been sent to Vietnam.

Fortunately, the war there ended 33 years ago so their mission is purely to make a jocular hour-long Top Gear special, rather than start shooting anyone in the face. Mind you, Jeremy?s there so you never know what might happen.

The precise details of their detail to South East Asia have to remain a secret for now but suffice to say they?re going to buy transport and undertake a road trip. Unfortunately their budget of several million Vietnamese Dong might sound massive but is in fact the square root of the sum of sod all in one of the most pricey car markets in the world.

News reaches Top Gear central command in London that they have now realised this and resorted to some rather more frugal - and buttock punishing - transport.

The boys will be back next week and presumably expecting some sort of traditional ?Nam vets ticker tape parade to welcome them home. Except that this is supposed to be a paperless office. So we?ll just have to throw some laptops at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.